• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

As Wallace had any game time this season?, can't recall seeing him play in a home league game

Started at Bolton, Preston and Derby (didn't last beyond 65 minutes in any of them). Came on very briefly at Fulham and at home vs Charlton.

He got 45 minutes at Preston as the number 10. After half time he got shifted wide and then taken off.

I thought Zyro was a right winger (left footed of course)?

Would make us quite narrow wouldn't it? And I hope he runs like Dave Edwards or he'll be occupying the bench like Wallace, Byrne and Coady. Or quickly out on loan like Saville and Evans.

Right footed Graham on the left and left footed Zyro on the right, I think that'd be quite exciting watch tbh. If we made 2 skilful wingers cutting inside off the flanks a feature of our play it'd give us a bit of an identity going forward rather than this boring identikit mid-table Champ attack we've got at the moment.

Still waiting for cries of 'why hasn't he signed yet?'.

Just really hope that we have plans to add some steel to the defence (or failing that a brick wall on wheels to put across the goal) this time round as well as continuing to concede the goals we have lately will see us in the shit

Joel Ekstrand should be available from Watford, would anyone move for him?

Would prefer to get Mariappa from Palace.

Can't say that I've seen him, but hasn't he suffered a cruciate injury - is he back yet? (this relates to Ekstrand not Mariappa)

Mariappa is pretty much a right back now.

Meanwhile Ken is banging on about Zyro's "power". His new buzzword. I'm not sure it means what he thinks it means. In fact I have absolutely no idea what he's going on about.

Mariappa is pretty much a right back now.

He isn't. Palace have used him there infrequently but he is a centre half. Dave Edwards wasn't "pretty much a left winger" in August.

Right footed Graham on the left and left footed Zyro on the right, I think that'd be quite exciting watch tbh. If we made 2 skilful wingers cutting inside off the flanks a feature of our play it'd give us a bit of an identity going forward rather than this boring identikit mid-table Champ attack we've got at the moment.

I think we'd need better from our full backs going forward. To be fair to Iorfa, he gets in to good positions, and creates some opportunities but if KJ is to play him as a right back for the forseeable we need better delivery from wider, deeper positions. Golbourne has improved lately (I thought he was unfairly dropped out of the whole back four) but we need a better left back. James Husband for me.

Marriapa alongside Batth/Hause would be good for this level IMO.

Meanwhile Ken is banging on about Zyro's "power". His new buzzword. I'm not sure it means what he thinks it means. In fact I have absolutely no idea what he's going on about.

I've noticed this as well and i also have no idea what he is going on about. Think it was the Leeds game where he said they overpowered us and i thought he was talking complete shit. Someone has mentioned it to him though and he's latched on to it.

Just really hope that we have plans to add some steel to the defence (or failing that a brick wall on wheels to put across the goal) this time round as well as continuing to concede the goals we have lately will see us in the $#@!

I'm pretty sure Ken is intending to add some more 'power' to our defence.

Back