• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

Williamson is probably already pencilled in for a January return on a permanent deal

I would say so. Newcastle will buy a defender then we will take Willo back, they clearly don't really want to use him if they can help it, hence getting nowhere near their squad even when they were awful and bottom of the league.

I'd stick Williamson in with Hause when he's back. Any updates on his fitness?

I wouldn't be surprised if we passed on Willo and he went to another Champ team. Hause is due back soon, KJ rates EEL and part of the reason we sold Stearman was because he was blocking their path into the first team.

I wouldn't be surprised if we passed on Willo and he went to another Champ team. Hause is due back soon, KJ rates EEL and part of the reason we sold Stearman was because he was blocking their path into the first team.

Ah the wonderful logic of our glorious leader...

I would suspect Ken's appraisal of EEL has altered recently. Assuming he's actually watching the game when he's stood on the touchline that is. That said he sees things in Doherty and Edwards that just beggar belief.

I would suspect Ken's appraisal of EEL has altered recently. Assuming he's actually watching the game when he's stood on the touchline that is. That said he sees things in Doherty and Edwards that just beggar belief.

You would think so wouldn't you. I did think Ken was quite reluctant in his praise of Willo while he was here though.

Zyro and Graham wingers, Iorfa bumped inside to replace Ethan, Byrne in at fullback.

You would think so wouldn't you. I did think Ken was quite reluctant in his praise of Willo while he was here though.

Because Willo made the sale of Stearman even more stupid, the fact we'd been begging for some experience after the opening few games.

Zyro and Graham wingers, Iorfa bumped inside to replace Ethan, Byrne in at fullback.

No thanks.

Byrne can't defend and Iorfa hasn't demonstrated the qualities of a CB to me.

Wolves U21s & U18s ‏@Comptonstars 1h1 hour ago

Sheyi Ojo starts tonight for Liverpool U21s vs Norwich U21s

Looks like his time at Wolves could/will be up

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 47 mins47 minutes ago

Ojo playing for Liverpool U21s tonight. Just back for game time. Speaking to KJ at tomorrow's presser so will get clarification then.

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 2h2 hours ago

I understand the Zyro transfer isn't a done deal yet, but talks are at an advanced stage, could be announced in the coming days
lol

Well that is probably our transfer business done. I'm not even going to get excited every January is the same, we don't do the business in the summer we have some glaring team weakness which everyone raves about and the transfer window shuts. This season our young hungry defence is starving to death and we sign a winger. Is this our token Lee Evans signing to appease the masses? He better fucking play because if he is on the bench good luck getting on the pitch, Kenny don't do subs.

So Tim2 is going to get answers at the press conference he didn't even know was happening... good lad, go get 'em

I'm sorry. We've spent £1m on Byrne and virtually barely given him a chance. We have a RW who's doing well at Brighton and now we're signing another bloody RW when we need defenders. I fail to understand this. Is it me or is someone at club an idiot?

THIS..
All seems very strange to decide to buy a fella who has barely played since september due to injury.
What with this and the very strange team formations/lack of tactics/subs, i think KJ needs to see the medical team.

I know we're loaded on the wings (sort of... not much quality but lots of bodies), but if our scouting team in France is still a thing I hope we're looking at Francois Kamano of SC Bastia. Big talent, African, strong... Everything I like in a player. :icon_wink:

Back