• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Where will Wolves finish 2024/5?

Where will Wolves finish?

• European tour - Top 6

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tony Towner

Reaction score
Usual rules. It's an eve of the season poll, so please no 'ask me at the end of the month' comments. Use your judgement on what the volume and quality of recruitment will be.

I think we have enough quality in the squad to be mostly fine. I think it’s going to be largely down to O’Neil how well things go, moreso than a lack of talent or other personnel problems.

Went 11th to 14th.

I've gone mid table but it could easily be the one above or below.

Off to the glorious Championship, new owners and Wayne Rooney in charge.

(For the record it is my nature to predict the worst for Wolves)

11-14, which is at odds with a lot of what they do and say, and eventually our luck will run out, but not this year unless key players miss large chunks of this season.

It will be the same as last year. Everyone will be miles clear of the bottom 3. Ignoring points deductions there won’t be much in it between the rest of bottom half.

There's only Forest and Brentford left in the league who won less points on the pitch than we did last season. I think a full season of Nuno will put Forest above us, Everton will continue to pick up points by not conceding many, I have them on a par. Like Punts I think the 3 promoted teams will be the ones to go down, but I think a couple will be better than last year. I think we'll stay up, but we'll be bottom 5. A significant injury to Cunha and it could be worse though.

I've gone 15th-17th, but I think we will spend at least some time in the relegation zone (and I don't mean just after the opening fixture). In the end we'll have a run somewhere where we get a few decent results and that will be enough to keep us out of trouble come May. Just.

There's only Forest and Brentford left in the league who won less points on the pitch than we did last season. I think a full season of Nuno will put Forest above us, Everton will continue to pick up points by not conceding many, I have them on a par. Like Punts I think the 3 promoted teams will be the ones to go down, but I think a couple will be better than last year. I think we'll stay up, but we'll be bottom 5. A significant injury to Cunha and it could be worse though.
I think we're better than Brentford and Fulham, but that's an indictment of them rather than an endorsement of us.

I've gone 7-10, but only on the basis that there is literally no excuse not to go out and sign 3-4 high quality players in key positions now. If we fuck that side of it up then we obviously won't have a chance of that.

15-17th - New manager keeps us up after spending money to keep us in the league in January.

11th to 14th for me. A few good signings with all that lovely money sitting in the bank could see us push a little higher and a cup run would be nice too.

(This does, of course, depend on the number of injuries we get to our key players)

I've gone 7-10, but only on the basis that there is literally no excuse not to go out and sign 3-4 high quality players in key positions now. If we fuck that side of it up then we obviously won't have a chance of that.
Same. I think we'll replace Neto, sign another CB and attacker and go on to have a good season.

Only injuries to key players will mess things up IMO.

15-17. Start the season flirting with relegation, if not rock bottom. But through sheer attrition, and promoted teams getting worked out, we'll eventually claw our way clear. Rinse and repeat next year.

Last edited:
11-14. Feel that’s almost sitting on the fence mind. Some decent business, lucky with injuries could see us top half, where’s the opposite could mean fighting relegation.

I’d back there to be 3 worse teams than us, even if we don’t sign anyone else

11-14. We've got too many good players to be realistically relegation candidates, and as many question marks are over GON he's clearly not in the Terry Conor/Bruno Lage out of your depth bracket. He could be anything from 'just about better than shit' to 'best English manager', but will still always be enough

11-14. We've got too many good players to be realistically relegation candidates, and as many question marks are over GON he's clearly not in the Terry Conor/Bruno Lage out of your depth bracket. He could be anything from 'just about better than shit' to 'best English manager', but will still always be enough
I wonder if as Wolves fans we over rate some of our players.
Cunha is a good player, RAN on a good day. Gomes and Lemina I really like and are decent but also have limitations. Rodrigo looks exciting but its early days. The jury is out on the rest imo.

I wonder if as Wolves fans we over rate some of our players.
Cunha is a good player, RAN on a good day. Gomes and Lemina I really like and are decent but also have limitations. Rodrigo looks exciting but its early days. The jury is out on the rest imo.
Yeah that's pretty much what I'm counting as good tbh, I think they're amongst the top 25 bottom half players (awaits list)

I think we’ll be ok just, but wouldn’t surprise me if we went down.

I really hope people are underestimating how much selling Kilman will be addition by subtraction. 😂

Back