• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Wolves Archive

I'll add it t my list of games to try and track down ie Wolves 3-1 Chester City (Division 3 - 2/1/1989).

I suspect it was probably a sports update for the local news.

I'll add it t my list of games to try and track down ie Wolves 3-1 Chester City (Division 3 - 2/1/1989).

I suspect it was probably a sports update for the local news.
There's a Mark Kendall penalty save in that one too

Today's update:

Steve Bull: Wolves Goals (Seasons 1989/90 To 1990/91)

The second of 5 compilation videos to be released this week depicting 224 goals scored by Wolves greatest ever goalscorer - Steve Bull.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Still lethal in these two seasons but injuries were starting to bite and he was missing games, which had rarely happened previously.

Would seem odd to younger people now that he started to struggle from the age of around 28 in that respect but he used to take an absolute BATTERING in the late 80s/early 90s. Every game.

Gave as good as he got back, of course :D

Still lethal in these two seasons but injuries were starting to bite and he was missing games, which had rarely happened previously.

Would seem odd to younger people now that he started to struggle from the age of around 28 in that respect but he used to take an absolute BATTERING in the late 80s/early 90s. Every game.

Gave as good as he got back, of course :D
Think he quite often played when he probably shouldn't have too which probably hastened his later issues.

Think he quite often played when he probably shouldn't have too which probably hastened his later issues.
Oh yeah, big time. And not that squad rotation was a thing then, but we couldn't leave him out anyway. Because if we did we had no viable replacement whatsoever.

Bull off, Paskin on is one of the biggest immediate downgrades as a sub in the history of English football, and that's where we were.

Oh yeah, big time. And not that squad rotation was a thing then, but we couldn't leave him out anyway. Because if we did we had no viable replacement whatsoever.

Bull off, Paskin on is one of the biggest immediate downgrades as a sub in the history of English football, and that's where we were.
Didn't John Paskin play in the early 90s ?

Signed 1989, left 1992 (although I don't think he played for us after 1991, we spent ages trying to get rid of him)

Paskin was a bit of an improvement on what went before....

1725549689724.png

Debatable!

We will of course never know what might have become of an early 90s Bull/Collymore partnership...
One that got away re Stan Collymore.

A bit like Peter Withe in the mid-70s - the ideal player to replace the Doog, but McGarry in his infinite wisdom let him go to Birmingham.

Today's update:

Steve Bull: Wolves Goals (Seasons 1995/96 To 1998/99)

The fifth (and final for the time being) of 5 compilation videos to be released this week depicting 224 goals scored by Wolves greatest ever goalscorer - Steve Bull.

And those who say his first touch was questionable, catch his goal at 2.18 in this video against Norwich City (1995/96 season) at Carrow Road on 17/12/1996 . . . Messi would have been proud of it.

Of the 224 goals covered, 4 were from friendlies and 220 were from competitive games. That still leaves me 86 goals still to find - albeit it may take quite a while for me to source them.

I missed seeing Bull due to the absence of any coverage of Wolves games in NZ and I really didn't appreciate what he did until these last couple of months where I've viewed, edited and loved the man's passion, aggression and sheer will to score goal after goal for our beloved club. Finally, I can now fully appreciate the adulation and love the fans have for him.

Coming up later this month I have 2 more goal compilations scheduled - for Andy Gray and Robbie Keane.

In October, another 2 goal compilations are planned for Kenny Miller and Sylvan Ebanks-Blake.

Last edited:
I know there won't be a great deal of decent highlights from the 70's but I'd love you to do a compilation of goals by King John @KiwiWolf61

Today's update:

2000/01 Season (53 matches)

Season Summary:
Division 1 = 12th
FA Cup = 4th Round
League Cup = 3rd Round

A wasted season where the team finished in 12th position, their lowest league finish for five seasons. The season also saw the team return to their historic "Old Gold" dark shade of shirt for the first time since the early-to-mid 1950s.

Colin Lee began the season as manager but was sacked in December 2000 with the team just a single point clear of the relegation zone. Former Southampton manager Dave Jones replaced him in early January but could not take the side any higher than mid-table.

For the first time since 1984/85 Wolves actually played more league games than goals scored ie 46 vs 45. Top goal scorer was Adam Proudlock with 11.

In a season with very few highlights, the most memorable game was probably the 3-1 home win against local rivals West Bromwich Albion with George Ndah starring:

As much as the season was unmemorable, the following 3 would prove to be quite the opposite with their combination of heartache, disappointment, triumph and failure.

Last edited:
Back