• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Where will we finish 2015-16

Where will we finish?

• Total voters
We brought on Ebanks-Landell as an extra defender for five minutes at the end of a game when protecting a lead very occasionally, that's not really the same thing though. That's like saying Mourinho has tried John Terry up front.

I thought there was a match where we started like that and it was basically a disaster so we switched to something else.

Nope. Saunders played it for the first half against Cardiff because he didn't have the bollocks to make a decision on which centre half to leave out. Threw the game basically. Jackett has never played it, not at Wolves anyway, not even in a friendly. And long may that continue.

I think we will achieve our objective of finishing just outside the play offs again.

Right now, I'd say just outside the play-offs. Derby and M/bro look good for top six and suspect Mick will have Ipswich up there again. Then there's always a surprise team in the Champ. But I'm not going to vote until I see the squad nearer the time. At least we have Afobe for a full season this time, but even allowing for that, right now I don't think we're any stronger than we were last season

Afobe is only as good as the service we get to him, without Sako we lose most of out creativity in my view.

As things stand probably in the top half but outside the play offs.

We have quite a bit of work to do, and we are thin in quite a few positions.

I don't really buy into this talk that we will play more narrow so don't need to bring in any attacking wide players. We need 2 imo as i'm not convinced with Jacobs or Van La Parra and it looks like Henry is off. DOn't really want to see either of Wallace or Edwards out of position.

We need at least one striker as any injury to Dicko or Afobe and we have only untested youngsters and I still think we could do with a backup goalkeeper as I wouldn't fancy seeing either of Flatt or McCarey starting for any length of time, and Ikeme does tend to pick up some injuries.

If McDonald's contract situation can't be resolved then we will definitely need to replace him too. I realise a lot can change quite quickly, but it's a lot of work to do in 3 weeks.

Afobe is only as good as the service we get to him, without Sako we lose most of out creativity in my view.

I agree. It's all very well having Afobe & Dicko up top, but if we lack creativity in the middle of the park they are going to struggle.

I think both Afobe & Dicko are capable of making things happen themselves and are not totally reliant on service. Dicko benefitted from some insane crossfield/through balls from Sako, but they were the exception rather than the rule.

Yes, we'll miss Sako hugely, but Afobe and Dicko can both produce as long as they get some decent time on the ball. What we'll miss from Sako is his goals. Only Edwards really contributed with goals from midfield, and nowhere near the level we require. I certainly wouldn't want to be relying on him going into the new season.

But I'm not going to vote until I see the squad nearer the time. At least we have Afobe for a full season this time, but even allowing for that, right now I don't think we're any stronger than we were last season

Norman's quote is good for me.
Too soon to vote really, but if pushed - with what we have?
Outside the top 6.

McDonald provided that quality through the middle in the second half of the season, he laid them on a plate for Benik

I don't think there's any doubt that we'll bring in players where we need them before the window slams shut. I just don't know if they'll be the quality we think we deserve. I'll say 8th (on phone so don't see poll choices).

I would say we could just make the playoffs with the current squad...hoping for some arrivals, at least two..a mid and a backup striker

You voted bottom half!

This time last year I had Wigan down as Champions, Fulham runners up with Bournemouth and Watford mid table. Plenty of time for all of Wolves problems to be sorted.

Unless we get more creativity and more importantly goals from midfield we will struggle to make the playoffs. As things stand at the moment I'm saying 10th place.

Ok, I'm joining in now. I said 10-12 earlier on the thread, but the signing of an unproven kid and a player to come off the bench has made me reappraise to 6th.....God I'm fickle.

Top 6. Assuming we bring in Ojo to give us some width, I think we've got a very decent squad. Our forward line looks excellent and we've still got Batth and Wallace to come back from injury. Looking forward to it.

Back