• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Where will we finish 2018/19?

Where will we finish 2018/19?

• Champions league

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Top 6

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Top 10

Votes: 57 62.0%
  • Safe but no higher than 11th

Votes: 33 35.9%
  • Bottom 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
inswinging with his left foo

They keep swapping places, which one do you mean?

2015FooFighters_EM__017140115-3.jpg

latest

s-l1600.jpg

D9cu4eR.png

If we'd drawn 1-1 with Derby on Saturday in a kickabout (which we probably would have done had England's Will Norris not decided to go walkabout), then I doubt we'd be in the territory of talking about 15th place finishes.

I signed up for a go at spread betting last week. I don't like it!

Paddy Power
‏@paddypower
Not long until the Premier League is back and for today's countdown special we've enhanced Wolves to 9/1 from 15/2 to finish in the top 6!

Paddy Power
‏@paddypower
Not long until the Premier League is back and for today's countdown special we've enhanced Wolves to 9/1 from 15/2 to finish in the top 6!

So according to them, we are less likely to finish in the top 6. What changed?

One of the following:

a) They read the reaction to our defeat in a friendly and decided we are rubbish

b) Nothing has changed, they've just lengthened the price to attract people to bet on us and it will drop back to normal tomorrow

Definitely A, we're rubbish, and the bookies are never wrong. Saunders told me.

Even the most optimistic Wolves fan surely can't seriously believe that top six is likely. I went top ten and think we are in with a chance of joining the Everton, Leicester group. Not sure Burnley will be as high but tbf didn't think they could do what they did. I am not even slightly worried by pre season it means sod all IMO we will see on Saturday how we look and I can't wait. My first ever match in the BW on the half way line so should get a better overview than my usual SB seat.

Bit contradictive there? Means sod all but you'll see how we look

Even the most optimistic Wolves fan surely can't seriously believe that top six is likely. I went top ten and think we are in with a chance of joining the Everton, Leicester group. Not sure Burnley will be as high but tbf didn't think they could do what they did. I am not even slightly worried by pre season it means sod all IMO we will see on Saturday how we look and I can't wait. My first ever match in the BW on the half way line so should get a better overview than my usual SB seat.

Same. I've stuck 50 quid on us finishing in the top 10. I just feel the standard of the Prem last season was very poor and would expect us to finish higher than Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Brighton, Fulham, Watford and Burnley etc

It should be stronger this year but there are teams still in this league I would have fancied us to beat and we have strengthened since then (with more to come). I have us to finish 8-12th.

Either way, if we are not doing as well as expected we will invest in January.

Same. I've stuck 50 quid on us finishing in the top 10. I just feel the standard of the Prem last season was very poor and would expect us to finish higher than Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Brighton, Fulham, Watford and Burnley etc

I've stuck rather more than that on it, but I admit I was (and still am) hoping for one or two more signings than we have made up to now if we're going to manage it comfortably. I'd still expect us to be there or thereabouts, though.

Bit contradictive there? Means sod all but you'll see how we look

As with last year Nuno will treat this as if it were a league game. no experiments. Still means sod all really but I think the final shape will be revealed. IIRC this is what he said about the Leicester friendly last season.

Even then that didn't quite apply, we played Cav (and he scored) even though we knew he was banned for the Boro game, and Leo wasn't here yet.

Just watched a piece on Sky, where they listed odds for relegation - 9 teams most likely were shown with Wolves not amongst them - hope they’re right.

I'd have Fulham as a big buy on that spread betting

I think we will struggle: build up and pissing about at the back is ok in the championship. It wont count for much in the prem. I'm massively disappointed in the lack of signings we've made so far with the finances we have. No quality striker, no quality right wing back and no quality Defensive midfielder to replace Saiss. Having said that, we have the resources to buy more, come the Jan transfer window, to keep us up.
I'll be lumping on Everton come the opening day.

Unless we ar changing formation then Moutinho is getting the spot in the team where Saiss played. Apart from that, last time I looked the window is still open. Lump what you like on Everton if you like losing money.

Back