• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Where will we finish 2018/19?

Where will we finish 2018/19?

• Champions league

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Top 6

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Top 10

Votes: 57 62.0%
  • Safe but no higher than 11th

Votes: 33 35.9%
  • Bottom 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
At this stage have voted safe, but no higher than 11th

We have made some good signings (both new players & firming up loans) & will no doubt be making more, but the team last year was clearly very much 'together' & this was a big part of our success. No way of knowing before we start whether this will still be the case with the changes so initially I would be a touch cautious.

We definitely have more than enough to not be seriously worried about the bottom 3 unless there is a serious 'meltdown' in relationships within the club hierarchy(unlikely)

Top 6 for anyone else other than the usual suspects will be extremely difficult (but not impossible) unless one of them have a 'balls up' of a season.

We have made some good signings (both new players & firming up loans) & will no doubt be making more, but the team last year was clearly very much 'together' & this was a big part of our success. No way of knowing before we start whether this will still be the case with the changes so initially I would be a touch cautious.

Fair's fair- as of right now, the additions to the first team are likely to be Jiminez and Patricio, along with a bunch of former loans being made permanent.

Granted, that may be very different in a few days time, but it's hardly a massive revolution at the moment!

Whatever happens want be seriously ahead of Bournemouth at the end of the season - have an fellow bowls club member who a S/T holder there & has been giving it large as to how we will find it a struggle and as they have been there for years :whistle: :icon_lol: they are far better placed to do well.

Would love to have smug grin on my face & him having to eat his words as they battle relegation & we end up on the fringes of European competition

I’ll make my prediction when we’ve played both Everton and Leicester and seen what our final squad is.

Impossible to answer this until we know what the finished squad looks like.

However, as it stands, player for player I have us in the Everton, West Ham, Watford, Leicester bracket. That bracket is above the likes of Huddersfield, Brighton, Bournemouth, Fulham, Cardiff, Newcastle... even Palace and Southampton.

So whilst I think we’d be sensible to avoid anything other than aiming for 40 points as soon as possible, I honestly think with a little bit of luck we can finish top 10. It’s a massive step up in terms of quality week in week out so it’s important to stay realistic.

Top Ten for me - in fact 10th being the absolute minimum I expect from what looks like is going to happen before the transfer deadline.

Thursday night European football at Molineux in 2019-2020 perchance?

I’ll make my prediction when we’ve played both Everton and Leicester and seen what our final squad is.

Its not really a prediction if you wait until the league has started!

I've gone for top 10.

Anywhere around mid table should be seen as a successful season really although I am slightly hopeful of finishing a bit higher. Some very average teams manage to finish around 7th or 8th.

I've gone for top 10.

Anywhere around mid table should be seen as a successful season really although I am slightly hopeful of finishing a bit higher. Some very average teams manage to finish around 7th or 8th.

Same here.

That said, if we did finish in the bottom half (and out of the bottom three) I wouldn't be too worried/botheredI am just looking forward to being able to enjoy us playing at this level. I loved Mick but every week was a battle to keep our heads above water, only at points in the second season did I actually enjoy the football we played looking back. I can't see us being like that with these players and most importantly, this manager.

That said, if we did finish in the bottom half (and out of the bottom three) I wouldn't be too worried/bothered I am just looking forward to being able to enjoy us playing at this level.

I agree. Talk of challenging for Europe is getting a bit carried away IMO but I just want to enjoy a season in the PL where we play some good football, have some good players and (hopefully) don't have to worry about going down. We can kick on next year.

Out of 152 Premier League games that we've played, I've probably been able to sit back and enjoy 10% or less of them. I mean like a Fulham at home from last season situation where you're a couple of goals up, obviously playing better and there isn't much threat of us chucking it away. The other 90%+ have either been on a knife edge or we've been losing.

I hope for that percentage to climb this year.

Can barely think of any where it wasn't a close thing that we could just enjoy. 2-0 v Burnley and 3-1 West Ham in 09/10. 4-0 v Blackpool in 2010/11, 2-0 v Fulham and 3-1 against Wigan in 2011/12. The second season was fun to look back on and our games were really entertaining but they were all really close games, even that 3-1 win against Albion which was great it looked like we could easily have thrown that away on another day.

Went with 11th onwards. Maybe I'll think top 10 when the window shuts though...

safe. I'll be happy with a strong mid-table finish with a good season of showings, and not a friggin relegation battle for once. the team's ceiling is higher than that, but also it might be jumping the gun to think we'll be finishing something like 8th first season up.

Having said that I'd obviously love nothing more than for someone to quote this in 9 months time and laugh at how stupid and cautious I was with my guess.

I think 12th of so but if we somehow break the top 10 I will be delighted. I tlstill think we have our weaknesses and it will take a few games for the New guys to settle but I don't see us being down with the fodder this time.

I think 12th of so but if we somehow break the top 10 I will be delighted. I tlstill think we have our weaknesses and it will take a few games for the New guys to settle but I don't see us being down with the fodder this time.

A injury to Boly alone could have major consequences at the back. Still hope we sign another CB.

Back