• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Where will we finish 2014-15?

where will we finish?

• Top 2

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Play offs

Votes: 25 34.2%
  • top 10

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • bottom half but safe

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • back to league 1

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Cardiff and Blackburn are showing us right now that this league is there for the taking as the standard is fucking dire. If we keep our players fit and maybe bring in a couple of good loans i don't see any reason why we can't give promotion a good go and at worst end in the play offs. I had a quick look through the squads earlier and they really are not very good in all fairness, for me Norwich have the strongest but some of them may leave and they have a manager who lacks experience.

The pragmatist in me says midtable, but if Blackburn and Cardiff are supposed to represent the class of this level then we have nothing to worry about as they are fucking dreadful.

The thread is titled where will we finish in the 2014-2015...Answer the championship but obviously hoping come August 2015 the premiership!Realistically the best position I can see is to
finish top half,there is always that outside chance of sneaking the play offs & who knows?Once there it's a lottery but I just hope expectations after a record breaking season in the third tier aren't to high & we all get behind our relatively young team we can achieve success.One more signing & a big loan player we could maybe achieve this.

OODCL

Between 10th and 6th. Bearing in mind I did vote that we'd finish 2nd last season :)

We will at least be in the top 24, that is as accurate as anybody can be !

I've gone Top 10. I said in May that our first XI was good enough to chase the play-offs but we needed another 5-6 players the standard of our first XI to really make a go of it, only 2 have come in. I think the bench looks a little light to change games when things are tight, a few injuries and we don't have the depth.

On Sky website Matt Murray and Don Goodman predict that we will be in the playoffs.

On Sky website Matt Murray and Don Goodman predict that we will be in the playoffs.

Don Goodman and Matt Murray? They're not exactly going to say that we'll be relegated are they?

Playoffs is my thinking as well. Some online thingy reckoned Watford (!) and Nottingham Forest to be the Top Two, with us Tenth.

This Wolves side was assembled with the Championship in mind, which is why there have been so few transfers-in at this point. I agree that we'll see a couple more loans with an option to buy before Christmas, which will end up being essential - as we are going to end up having to cope with our usual Treatment Room full of injuries commensurate with the Championship.

Playing 4-2-3-1 we really don't have any gaps. Quality-wise and strength-in-depth, another central defender and a defensive midfielder is all we need (provided our strikers live up to expectations). That's not a big shopping list at all...

55% think top 10. Guys I think you have it spot on from todays game. Onwards and upwards. I recakon we will enjopy the championship a lot more than the last time we were here. Just a hunch ..... Oh an Bye bye Delia. I dont know aht it is but I feckin cant stand Norwich

The 35 of you who felt that Wolves would finish in the top 10 should be happy with this seasons' performance. Unless we go bust in a hurry or start playing ineligible players, we're guaranteed to finish at least tenth.

I hope you won't be too disappointed when we finish in the top 6.

I'll be happy with the season regardless of how it finishes.

I was one of the votes for Top 10, and yeah, I'm obviously really pleased we're still right in there vying for promotion with a few games to go.

The lowest we can mathematically finish is 10th as penk says it's been a good season even if we fall away now, especially the second half where we have played some great counter attacking football.

I predicted we would win the league, so I was a little bit off the mark, but we have still had a good season.

I put £100 bet on us to be promoted, way back in August. If things continue in the present vein, I will be collecting £700+ in June.

Ill go with 10th-12th. I'm keen to see us continue to establish the style of play that has entertained fans this calendar year and also maybe give some new younger players more game time (Bancessi, Iorfa, Hause possibilities)

I was a bit safe with mine, called Hause and Iorfa though!

I think this side has the potential to be as good as or better than McCarthy's title winning side. It may be a little early to judge but it looks better defensively and has more creativity all over the park. What McCarthy had was very good, but relied heavily on the wide players and a goalscorer whereas this team has much more to it. They do both share a very important characteristic - a strong team ethic. That took McCarthy's side further than the sum of it's individual talents and if we're lucky and steer clear of injuries to key players I think automatic promotion should be the aspiration and we've enough at the club for that to be a realistic target.

If Dicko hadn't been injured....

Promotion this year back to back would be one hell of an acheivement. Looking at the freindlies and the play we looked pretty solid even when under pressure. It bodes well for a championship season and we do look like a team, not a group of individuals. That said its a strong league. I have gone for top 10 finish, probably just outside the playoffs. Higher would chuff me to bits but I would be happy to consolidate this year if it makes us stronger later.

Called it about right

No need to give up on the playoffs yet. We're well capable of winning the next three.

Back