• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Where will we finish 2014-15?

where will we finish?

• Top 2

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Play offs

Votes: 25 34.2%
  • top 10

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • bottom half but safe

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • back to league 1

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think we could do with a bit more optimism on here.

Wolves will be promoted as champions

Hell Frank lets go for Yeovil to win League one Cambridge League 2 and Southampton to stroll the premier league with Man U Man City and Arsenal all relegated. There is optimism , blind faith and delusional predictions. I will get you drunk, at my expense if we win this league this year and I will never diss your optimism again.

Guys, the majority of teams in this league could've walked League One as well. Not to sell our accomplishments sort, but we need to come back to reality. If Kenny gets their minds to it, which he is doing a great job of, our guys won't take a single match lightly.
Anything can happen at the beginning. It's the teams that come out of the gates hot that are going to frighten the piss out of competitors for the long haul. We need to be one of them.

But we'd get to go back to League One, which apparently was loads of fun!

It was . sorry it really was.... I am glad we are out of it but ity really was a hell of a lot of fun and I dont think we did ourseleves any harm on the road with away fans either as they liked to see their ground pretty full and noisy. Ok big fish, small pond but it was bloody good fun most of the time and a huge leap foward from Clownders and crew

It was, we were winning. As I said, the amount of fun or how shit it is, depends on how the team is doing.

I enjoyed last season more than the previous 1 and a half and they were played in a higher Division. I would swap last season for staying in the Prem and beating Man Utd. Chelsea etc but I can't.

Well yes, no one wants to lose all the time. But we shouldn't be embracing this level because really, it is not 'fun' in the slightest. It is low quality football. I want Wolves doing what they did in 2010/11 and going toe to toe with the best teams in the country.

Not once did I walk away last season thinking that we'd made a scalp - not once was it an achievement when we won. Each to their own but if we want to win every week then why not resign from the league and play pub teams? We'd win all the time. With loads to drink afterwards.

Well yes, no one wants to lose all the time. But we shouldn't be embracing this level because really, it is not 'fun' in the slightest. It is low quality football. I want Wolves doing what they did in 2010/11 and going toe to toe with the best teams in the country.

Not once did I walk away last season thinking that we'd made a scalp - not once was it an achievement when we won. Each to their own but if we want to win every week then why not resign from the league and play pub teams? We'd win all the time. With loads to drink afterwards.

Apart from the early seventies, my most enjoyable times watching Wolves was when Bull and Mutch were causing mayhem to opponents as we won divisions four and three. Was the standard great ? No. Was it fun? Yes.

Yes Frank, but you're placing it there without context.

I enjoyed last season but I would never want to do it again.

Yes Frank, but you're placing it there without context.

I enjoyed last season but I would never want to do it again.

Agree with DW - there's lots of places I've been to once & had a great time.

Doesn't mean I want to go back to them again

Go on I'll stick my head above the parapet, I'd wind the clock back and take last season again no problem.

The point of football is to win games and the more times you win the more likely it us that the team will play at a higher level. I am only interested in watching my team play at the highest level - everything else is just the journey.

When we get into the the Premier League, I want to qualify for Europe.

I'd be quite happy with top end of the middle, if you see what I mean. Doesn't mean I don't want us to win the thing, of course!

As for enjoyable seasons, I hated the last Premier season and utterly detested the last Championship season. If we play like rubbish every week with zero effort from most of the playing staff, then I hate it. If we win more often than not, and the team is clearly doing their best, then it's great.

Ill go with 10th-12th. I'm keen to see us continue to establish the style of play that has entertained fans this calendar year and also maybe give some new younger players more game time (Bancessi, Iorfa, Hause possibilities)

Halfway, a very tough start will take away some of the momentum we have. That said we do well in those and Top 6 would be on.

Top 10. Really hoping for top 6, but I've a nasty feeling it could be back to earth with a bump. Trusting in KJ to (be allowed to) get things on track if we look like faltering, though.

The point of football is to win games and the more times you win the more likely it us that the team will play at a higher level. I am only interested in watching my team play at the highest level - everything else is just the journey.

When we get into the the Premier League, I want to qualify for Europe.

Champions League I hope...

Most of my life we've been a team that's been less than the sum of its parts. I think we're now more than the sum of our parts, which means we have nothing to be scared of in this league.

Playoffs for me.

I'm with you, Saturday. Even if Kenny proves to not be up for the battle of the Prem *when* he gets us there, I hope his footballing philosophies live on at our club and we continue to make smart investments where we never allow someone to be bigger than the club.
That kind of continuity could push us into the top crust of the Prem long-term.

I'm very much looking forward to the journey to that place, though. This team is still beaming with confidence. They should pose a threat to anyone they come across.

Playoffs are a possibility if we strengthen the squad further, otherwise i reckon we'll finish 10th.

Why wouldn't kenny be up for the prem challenge if we get there?

I don't understand that comment.

Back