• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Where will we finish 2014-15?

where will we finish?

• Top 2

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Play offs

Votes: 25 34.2%
  • top 10

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • bottom half but safe

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • back to league 1

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Anything above the bottom three will do for me, the important thing is to maintain and build on the best season I've had as a Wolves fan for years

Knocking on the playoffs. 6-10 range. I don't believe Kenny is done adding to this squad. I expect to see a couple more loan-to-buy deals before the season is up.

Have a bad feeling some impatience will creep back in amongst some fans and won't be satisfied if we're sat in mid table which would be ridiculous considering what has happened.
If we play the same brand of football we did last season and finish mid table I won't be complaining one bit.

I have no interest in mid table Championship football. I wouldn't say that makes me impatient, I merely find the idea boring.

I've put top 6, but that's with my optimistic hat on. The first 4 or 5 games will go a long way towards pointing out our prospects. I have to agree with many who've said that if we can replicate some of the classy, possession football we played last season, we'll do well. The important word there though is 'if'. There are some good teams in the championship.

I've put top 6, but that's with my optimistic hat on. The first 4 or 5 games will go a long way towards pointing out our prospects. I have to agree with many who've said that if we can replicate some of the classy, possession football we played last season, we'll do well. The important word there though is 'if'. There are some good teams in the championship.

There really isn't a great deal of quality in the Championship at the moment - Leicester and Burnley proved last season that better than average is good enough if you can find a run of form and some consistency. If you think we are good enough to be in the top half, it's the same as believing you can win the league because there are probably 12-13 clubs who have a realistic chance.

Not so boring as 3 years at the bottom of the Prem.

Each to their own. The whole "it will be better in the Championship" myth should be well and truly dispelled after the debacle from two seasons ago.

Each to their own. The whole "it will be better in the Championship" myth should be well and truly dispelled after the debacle from two seasons ago.

Correct. The Championship is fucking shit.

All leagues are shit if your team is shit in them

I was merely using that as an example. League One was a god awful place to be too.

It depends what you want. If you want a load of piss up away days at a relatively affordable price then the Championship is good. If, like me, you want Wolves to be performing at the very highest possible level then it is rubbish.

14th!? If that's where we are going to finish we may as well not bother. There are some awful teams in that league and some of those awful teams do quite well. We should be capable of mounting a play off challenge and we are capable of promotion challenge. As said, organisation etc. Are better than individual skill. For example us being one of the most expensive squads ever to be relegated!

Have said playoffs though wouldn't be surprised to see us further down in the middle order early on.

Transfer & loan window still open & Kenny has shown that he is happy to add in the Jan window if there are decent deals to be done then.

I am sure that Kenny will not allow the team to get overconfident or downhearted depending on how we start & would hope that we continue to develop through the season as we did last year.

(Would not predict a top two auto place however fancied we were as once in the mix of the top six anything else is a bit of a lottery)

I think we could do with a bit more optimism on here.

Wolves will be promoted as champions

Bollocks!! Frank has just relegated us

But we'd get to go back to League One, which apparently was loads of fun!

It depends what you want. If you want a load of piss up away days at a relatively affordable price then the Championship is good. If, like me, you want Wolves to be performing at the very highest possible level then it is rubbish.
I agree with you but with a caveat. I only want to be a premier team capable of finishing in the top half consistantly and challegning for one of the cups . The league is now sewn up for 1 of 5 teams but I would rather be a competitive championship club than a constant relegation dogfight premier club. It just saps my morale so much. Better to wait in this league until we can achieve in the next rather than go up too early and struggle week in week out even if we scrape to safety.I had fun in the prem but most weeks I was pissed off and that last year was soul destroying losing to such dross so heavily. I NEVER want to feel like that again about football. The only way would be a Sultan/ Shiek coming in with billions and as that is not going to happen I will take steady progress please for this year

But we'd get to go back to League One, which apparently was loads of fun!

It was, we were winning. As I said, the amount of fun or how shit it is, depends on how the team is doing.

I enjoyed last season more than the previous 1 and a half and they were played in a higher Division. I would swap last season for staying in the Prem and beating Man Utd. Chelsea etc but I can't.

Back