• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

What's the plan?

Mick was doing it on the cheap when he bought Kites for £25k, Jarvis for £600k and SEB for £1.5m.

I've seen this before and whilst I don't think the club have adequately replaced Sako I don't think they are doing it 'on the cheap' or lack ambition.

My thoughts on recruitment are well documented on here and it is this that is the main problem and has been for 2 seasons. Quite how people think the club 'lack ambition' I don't know. I think we lack leadership at CEO and Football Director level but not ambition.

How do you show intent? As it is unlikely that we can persuade Manuel Neuer to sort the goalkeeping issue or Mueller to partner Afobe, there is a certain market we can operate in, and it is difficult to show or disprove intent by operating in that market. What are you looking for in terms of incomings?

The club showed plenty of ambition spending millions on players for Solbakken. Fat lot of good that did us.

You back the manager in what he wants. That's the ambition you have to show, and you can't do any more as a club than that.

Ambition of the club, not the players. The club needs to show intent. At the moment I am not sure if that is the case.

I don't understand. What is this ambition Bournemouth showed last season compared to us now?

I am guessing Callum Wilson will be the answer. Who was massively unproven and fair play to the South Coast cheating chancers, it came off.

Wilson was a League 1 player when they signed him so that move lacks ambition according to the logic.

They got a keeper from the Prem and also signed up the ref association to help fulfil their ambition.

We signed a keeper from the Prem too.

#ambishun

Just the refs to sort then. Over to Frank..

I don't understand. What is this ambition Bournemouth showed last season compared to us now?

So because one team breaks the norm, it doesn't mean it will happen most years, which it doesn't. Look over the last 20 years and the teams that have got promoted, the vast majority didn't buy unexperienced players from lower leagues to get in to the PL.

It is about intent and ambition. I believe you have a number of Wolves better players getting tapped up, because we haven't got a more flexible wage structure. KM is a good example, he isn't getting tapped up by a team with more prospects of promotion than us, but a club that is prepared to pay better wages.

So because one team breaks the norm, it doesn't mean it will happen most years, which it doesn't. Look over the last 20 years and the teams that have got promoted, the vast majority didn't buy unexperienced players from lower leagues to get in to the PL

I think you're wrong, I think that's exactly what many teams do.

And signed from the Premier League. I am pretty confident Arsenal were top flight when he put pen to paper.

I imagine there will be very few players on massive wages compared to the rest of the players in this league.

There will be exceptions like Downing, but they're the exception rather than the norm, and only because Boro have decided to chuck obscene amounts of money at trying to get out of the league.

Most players signed from the Prem will be younger squad players who wouldn't be on much anyway.

I think you're wrong, I think that's exactly what many teams do.
Us and Leicester in recent seasons for a start. Leicester's title winning squad cost absolute peanuts and they pissed the league.

Back