• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

What's the plan?

Well KJ has said Kmac has a slight tweak with his back so he won't be playing midweek.

Therefore Price and Coady will probably start, is this too defensive? Possibly but as we can't defend at all at the moment so be it!

I would play Ojo and RVLP, drop Edwards and allow Afobe to play his natural game - attacking from deep. For me Nouha needs to start as he offers so much in terms of stretching the defence.

I would put an arm round Ikeme and say "your my number 1, don't worry about your place, just go out there and be solid".

I'd bring Goldbourne back in and say to the whole defence, "your my back line for Saturday as well. I have confidence in you" too much tinkering with the defensive side means everyone looks on edge and unsettled.

I would put an arm round Ikeme and say "your my number 1, don't worry about your place, just go out there and be solid".

I'd bring Goldbourne back in and say to the whole defence, "your my back line for Saturday as well. I have confidence in you" too much tinkering with the defensive side means everyone looks on edge and unsettled.

Well said

Apparently West Ham are trying to get rid of James Collins - still only 31, I wouldn't object if we got him in...

Is Matt Jarvis featuring as a regular now ? if not, would be worth an offer

Complacency set in even in the crowd who were ole'in passes after half an hour.

Yeah thats some reason for losing your fans supporting you. Truth is after 2 minutes of second goal againt QPR we decided we would pass it about keep the ball
to stop them. Unfortunately we start passing it side to side, they push us back with some standard pressing play. We get disposessed a few times then nobody wants the ball.
This is what I dont understand how we dissappear up our own orafice at the 1st sign of a set back. I don't think you can blame KJ but to me the lesson here if you want to
consolidate a lead change shape reign in the wide guys get to half time reassess. Instead we went in 2-1 instead of 2-0. The rest is history.

Why, when there is a half hour left, do teams resort to lumping the ball forward? I had to endure that with both Wolves and Orlando City this weekend.
I feel like our guys lost all confidence and each one of them that got on the ball thought they could be the one player to make something happen by doing that. It's a wasted possession 99% of the time.

Desperation and stupidity.

Desperation and stupidity.

Was it Holloway at Leicester who said it did his head in. No matter what he told his players if they were struggling they would just lump it forward (bit of Dave Jones and once they cross the white line...)

It is stupid. Teams in this league tend to take their foot off the gas if the game seems well in hand. A 1 or 2 goal lead is never safe. We could've easily carved them up for 1 and that second becomes much more likely once they respond with adjustments.

Cliffs: I hate sport sometimes

Hell, Spiers just did KJ's job for him. That was a good read.

"Over-complicating things" seems to be the rampant theme early in the season.
- keeper controversy
- abandoning what worked previously
- weird team selections

Was it Holloway at Leicester who said it did his head in. No matter what he told his players if they were struggling they would just lump it forward (bit of Dave Jones and once they cross the white line...)

Possibly, but then he did spend good money on Steve Howard as soon as he took over there, stick that kind of player in and you invite the hoof from thicky footballers. See Iwan Roberts down here.

I think Kenny Jacket is the best manager we could get, with the wage structure we have in place and our transfer policy.

We buy most of our players from lower leagues and that show potential. Often they have been good in division 1, but have no, or little Championship experience. Some of these will pay off, others won't. Then we loan outfield players from PL clubs, which isn't a bad idea, in it self, as long as you go for players , who are better than you have got. Afobe of course is an exception, that has come good very quickly, but now with PL clubs interested and offering to pay much higher wages, our wage structure policy works against us. Surely if a player proves he is worth more wages, we should try to accomodate him, for the form he has shown. Otherwise, most of our better players, will eventually attract interest from teams willing to pay higher wages.

Our competitors for promotion to the PL, invest in Championship players, who have experience at this level and are proven. To buy these players, you have to spend money and have a wage structure that rewards the best players. Otherwise, the said players will get tapped up by other championship clubs, or if they are good enough, PL clubs.

I am happy we have invested in our youth policy, but I do think that there needs to be a mix of more experienced players, who have proved they can cope at the higher end of the Championship, which is at least where we should be aiming for. To do this, I feel we need to look again at our wage structure policy, which I believe is, at least holding us back, and more likely working against us.

I think Kenny Jacket has done a good job for Wolves and has been a breath of fresh air. I hope people give him time to get things right, he has done it before. I do think we can criticize him, but at the same time remember, it is people who are much higher than him at the club, who are trying to do it on the cheap. I don't think that should be forgotten.

Doing it on the cheap is a ludicrous accusation.

Doing it on the cheap is a ludicrous accusation.

I think buying the majority of your players from lower leagues, when you your aim is to get promoted to the PL, is doing it on the cheap. Also having a wage structure that means that the players who improve, get no rewards for their performances, is always going to leave us open to get our best players tapped up.

I can change doing it on the cheap for lack of ambition, but in the end they mean the same in this instance. It isn't about splashing money wastefully and of course you can spend money and not get anywhere. One thing for sure, if you are going for the majority of your players from lower leagues, on lower wages, the odds are against you from the start, when other clubs are going for players with proven experience at this level.

So you would advocate the Dave Jones method of buying 28 year olds and handing them four year contracts?

So you would advocate the Dave Jones method of buying 28 year olds and handing them four year contracts?

No I wouldn't.But I believe there needs to be more balance. The youth system of course, but I also think people shouldn't expect miracles from Kenny Jacket, when most of his signings are from the lower leagues and have not proven themselves at the higher end of the Championship. Those players will of course cost more money, that is why I said on the cheap.

It is about ambition and where you want to get, Deutsch. I know you want Wolves to be in the same place as me. So lets hope things look better in the next few weeks.

You show me the 'ambitious' players that won Bournemouth the league last season.

Back