• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

What are you currently listening to....

Sun & Steel is so underrated. Still Life, too.

Absolutely. Everyone raves rightly about the perfection of side a, but sun and steel and still life are ace. I love to tame a land as well. The whole album is immense, and it is easily the best production Martin birch ever did. Immediate and in your face.

What's your favorite Maiden album, mate? And thoughts on the Blaze years?

:icon_lol: Blaze certainly elicited some extreme emotions ay he

Piece of mind all day long. I love beast and powerslave but piece is perfection. I have blanked the bayley years. I loved blaze with wolfsbane but for me Bruce IS maiden*

*sorry di'anno fans!!!!

Do I get weirdo marks for taking Somewhere In Time as my favorite? It's that or Killers for me.

Somewhere in time is MASSIVELY under rated. I think it is all to do with having guitar synths on there somehow betraying some form of iron maiden ethos. There are some immense tracks on there. Caught somewhere in time is top dollar, and Alexander the Great is another tremendous track.

Adrian's opening little lick on Alexander gives me shivers every time. Probably my favorite guitarist out there, if I'm being honest.

I actually stopped listening to Maiden after they appointed bayley. I have a copy of brave new world in the collection, but never really listened to it.

I'm actually a big fan of both seventh son & the debut album. Their debut is a really good collection imo.

I also have a cut to shape ASAP single in the collection too. Down the Wire.

good gig tonight, enjoyed seeing the Cheetahs, who I must admit prior to seeing them I wondered if they were a real or imaginary band given they sound like so many others.

but was completely blown away tonight by the Eagulls - not expected as I've seen them before and whilst I thought a talented group, I couldn't see what they were doing completely working.

Fuck me was I wrong. best thing since i've seen live since the pixies doolittle tour. brilliant. as CT would say 'i'm amazed'

Last edited:
Oh my God that is just fucking execrable. So many cliche boxes ticked as well....

Currently listening to Alice in Chains - Black Give Way to Blue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne7rJXSX_74

So many songs on this album I like. The bass on the first reverberates like little else I've heard lately and I just love the dual harmonics on many of the songs. The second track is another good track and they don't let up throughout the whole album.

Back