• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

What are you currently listening to....

Got too fucked off with St Anger. Put a random track from Reload on. I got Better Than You, which isn't even close to a highlight on that album, but it smashes the living shit out of anything on St Anger.

Not a lot wrong with Alice. Still a secret regret that I haven't ticked off seeing him live from my list.

St Anger is truly abysmal. I couldn't believe it when I first listened to it.

Justice would be my favourite if the bass wasn't virtually muted to troll Newsted. Harvester of Sorrow is one of my all time favourite riffs.

I think Load is their best album. I had that album on solid repeat for at least a year.
Behave. I couldn't believe it when it came out. Bleeding me, house that Jack built, wasting my hate..... Shockingly bad when you compare it to tunes on the Black Album.
Dream Theater - A Change of Seasons
Amazing album.
Reload is fucking ace in places.

I love Devil's Dance. Bad Seed is also absolutely fucking tremendous. The two albums should have been released as a double. Especially as they played Devil's Dance at Donington 95 before Load came out.
They played 2x4 did they not?

Justice would be my favourite if the bass wasn't virtually muted to troll Newsted. Harvester of Sorrow is one of my all time favourite riffs.
The drums and bass on that album are shite. Sound like empty buckets. It needs a proper remaster

I think Load is their best album. I had that album on solid repeat for at least a year.
Behave. I couldn't believe it when it came out. Bleeding me, house that Jack built, wasting my hate..... Shockingly bad when you compare it to tunes on the Black Album.
Dream Theater - A Change of Seasons
Amazing album.
Reload is fucking ace in places.

I love Devil's Dance. Bad Seed is also absolutely fucking tremendous. The two albums should have been released as a double. Especially as they played Devil's Dance at Donington 95 before Load came out.
They played 2x4 did they not?

The drums and bass on that album are shite. Sound like empty buckets. It needs a proper remaster

They played 2x4 and devils dance, which had no title then but hetfield called this heavy thing we have written.

Load is ace but I thought Reload was a bit shit. There are a few good tracks but overall it sounds like it's made up of the songs that weren't good enough for Load.

I am of the Black Album generation, it was the first Metallica album I heard and I fucking love it. I could never get into Justice...maybe I need to dust it off and give it another listen.

Not a lot wrong with Alice. Still a secret regret that I haven't ticked off seeing him live from my list.

Seen it, done it ! Problem was it was mid 80's which was when he was at his lowest (alcohol wise ) It was good, but there was no theatrics etc. which is what you'd have expected.
Still worship the bloke though :)

Load is ace but I thought Reload was a bit shit. There are a few good tracks but overall it sounds like it's made up of the songs that weren't good enough for Load.

Pretty much +1

Pretty much agree with the above; St. Anger does nothing for me. I do prefer the earlier albums but I enjoy Load and Reload from time to time. I actually quite like Fuel (Avril Lavigne's cover version isn't too shabby either).

Justice is a brilliant album. The drums are piss poor production and do need a remaster (they should get the bloke who did the drums on Reign in Blood to do it - that would make the album completely kill) but the guitar sound is pure Hetfield crunch.

Blackened is one of their greatest ever songs.

Can't see what video James posted last night - was it Alice Cooper? I've been listening to his Greatest Hits album this morning. He's ace.

Saw Alice at the Civic a couple of years ago. Still a decent show.

Metallica, I haven't given them time of day since I saw them on the black album tour in November at the NEC. Felt they'd become too overblown with the amount of solo's, moving drum kit, no support band etc & kerrang becoming basically the metallimag every week. Puppets is still their best album for me. Quite content with all their content up to & including the black album. Everything since though, can't be arsed.

Listen to Load, it's ace!

Metallica, I haven't given them time of day since I saw them on the black album tour in November at the NEC. Felt they'd become too overblown with the amount of solo's, moving drum kit, no support band etc & kerrang becoming basically the metallimag every week. Puppets is still their best album for me. Quite content with all their content up to & including the black album. Everything since though, can't be arsed.

That Glastonbury set though!

As for Kerrang!, it's aimed at kids these days. Metal Hammer is better...

Back