• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

What are you currently listening to....

I don't undertsand all these genres. Loads of bands my wife listens to are classed as hardcore or post-hardcore apparently which means bugger all to me. It's all rock music, it's just that her bands shout a lot more than my bands do!

Oh don't start me with "shouty bands" Dan. The 14 yr old also likes bands like Slipknot and Megadeath and his latest "love" is a band called Five Finger Death Punch. My only need in my music is that I can understand what they are singing! (Now I'm showing my age)

Oh don't start me with "shouty bands" Dan. The 14 yr old also likes bands like Slipknot and Megadeath and his latest "love" is a band called Five Finger Death Punch. My only need in my music is that I can understand what they are singing!

They are Marcus Hahnemann's favourite band!

I dont mind a bit of shouting as long as there is some melody in there too.

My 2 fav bands, and a showcase song for each (Dubbed good by others)

Fightstar - Mono

Atreyu - My Fork In The Road

They are Marcus Hahnemann's favourite band!

Ah, well in that case........
I have understood the words to two tracks on the album so it can't be THAT bad

Ah there's were we are different then Darlo.

I love heavy just as much as I love mellow.

Whilst I don't refer to is as shouting, I do agree with this. They need to have something that catch (and preferably, hold) your attention and usually, that is the riffs that accompany the songs.

+ "The Crimson" for Atreyu (It's the song that made people "notice them")

And it is in fact my favourite song by them.

Ah there's were we are different then Darlo.

I love heavy just as much as I love mellow.

I don't mind "heavy" either but I'm a singer...I like to sing along. I like to learn songs that I can get my mates to learn to play so that I can sing them in pubs when the opportunity arises. If all they do is growl, shout and swear it kinda buggers that for me! :eek:ldboy:

Totally picturing you screaming in a pub now.

:D

Continuing the heavy theme...

I had wanted to check out some other work by a guitarist called Lee Altus who has appeared on the last couple of Exodus albums, as he SERIOUSLY shreds, and found out his "other" band is a group called Heathen. I bought their latest album "The Evolution of Chaos" about a year ago and it is tremendous, but I was faffing around on Amazon and came across an album from donkeys ago with a different line-up (bar Altus himself). I remembered having one track from a compilation called Speed Kills...But Who's Dying, so I thought I would take the plunge.

Holy shit, it is fucking incredible stuff. As good an eighties thrash album (bar the obvious tops of Puppets and Reign in Blood) as I have ever heard. Absolutely amazing riffery, brilliant composition, insanely good solos and (just for Darlo) lyrics you can understand. The production is shit-hot too. It is brilliant, and I am so chuffed I took a gamble on it.

A good cover of one of my favourite Whispertown 2000 songs. I discovered Whispertown 2000 through my love of Jenny Lewis, they made 2 awesome albums then the main singer/songwriter dropped the '2000' bit, got rid of all the other members and went all crap. I have no idea who these two are but I like the cover version!

Worth watching just for the ridiculous antics of the band. Drumstick twirling - check. One-handed keyboard playing - check. Constipated bassist - check.

large_banana.gif

That Seether album is cracking. He's got a superb voice.

Blur - 13

Good god, what a fabulous album that is. It's one of the only things I've listened to in over a month as I've had Amused to Death by Roger Waters on a constant repeat since I discovered it. Straight into my top 10 of all time. No mean feat.

Continuing the heavy theme...

I had wanted to check out some other work by a guitarist called Lee Altus who has appeared on the last couple of Exodus albums, as he SERIOUSLY shreds, and found out his "other" band is a group called Heathen. I bought their latest album "The Evolution of Chaos" about a year ago and it is tremendous, but I was faffing around on Amazon and came across an album from donkeys ago with a different line-up (bar Altus himself). I remembered having one track from a compilation called Speed Kills...But Who's Dying, so I thought I would take the plunge.

Holy $#@!, it is $#@!ing incredible stuff. As good an eighties thrash album (bar the obvious tops of Puppets and Reign in Blood) as I have ever heard. Absolutely amazing riffery, brilliant composition, insanely good solos and (just for Darlo) lyrics you can understand. The production is $#@!-hot too. It is brilliant, and I am so chuffed I took a gamble on it.

Link?

It is called Breaking the Silence and was on Under One Flag when originally released. Definitely available on Amazon and presumably iTunes as well.

Got my Sepultura - the Max Cavalera years collection a couple of days ago. Been listening to Schizophrenia in the car but tomorrow I think I will break out Roots or Arise.

Back