• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

What are you currently listening to....

It's no doubt a grower - Black Mirror didn't grab me instantly when I first heard that. Bowie's voice definitely suits it but it's nowhere near their best work IMHO.

I've never heard an Arcade Fire song that has instantly grabbed me. I'm a big fan but all 3 albums had to grow on me first, sometimes I like it that way.

Tunnels, Wake Up. power Out, month of may. Didn't grab you?!

Fair play. as you say some of my favourite albums have been slow burners.

Gay post - I like Olly Muirs' new song -Gay post closed

Gay post - I like Olly Muirs' new song -Gay post closed

Its ok, Paddy is a Robbie Williams fan

He always told us he went to Robbie gig to see the warm up acts.......yet in a story in the Western last week about the gig the following line was spit out "my Robbie t-shirt was wrapped my waist"

:rock:Slayer indeed:rock:

That explains why he left the Western early when Blobby Williams was singing before the match. <I may have made this up>

Tunnels, Wake Up. power Out, month of may. Didn't grab you?!

Fair play. as you say some of my favourite albums have been slow burners.

I love Wake Up so much now that I can't actually remember my initial reaction any more! Actually, Rebellion (Lies) was the first track I heard and I was a big fan of that from the 1st listen. For some reason they are just one of those bands that their albums take a decent amount of listens before I realise how sublime they are.

I was initially unsure of The Suburbs. Listened to it incessantly, then realised its imo the last great album released.

As for Wake up, spectacular stuff.

Digging round in a suitcase full of nik knacks that we had practically forgot about, I found a blank CD, first track on it....

Born Slippy by Underworld, had a fantastic 30 minute drive to work this morning!!! :D

As I prepare for Saturday, I've been listening to The Wall quite a lot, and put it on when I was doing some painting the other night paying close attention to the themes and lyrics. It truly is an absolute masterpiece of songwriting and production. An outstanding work of art.

Only 3 days to go now.....

Digging round in a suitcase full of nik knacks that we had practically forgot about, I found a blank CD, first track on it....

Born Slippy by Underworld, had a fantastic 30 minute drive to work this morning!!! :D

Fucking LOVE Underworld...

Listening to these guys all day in anticipation of their gig here tomorrow. Been waiting 16 years to see them live, really excited, they play a different set every night instead of the same old tunes, they are mixing it up. They are also staying in the hotel where I work so I may get to meet them

Back