• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves: Rodrigo Gomes

Oh God, these threads. Can we not.

'Welcome, hope he does well'. What, you reckon?
Useful to have a thread for individual players for news/discussion specific to them though.

Anyway, excited to see what Rodrigo can do for us. He was excellent for Estoril this season in a number of positions so should be a really good option for O'Neil. He should be ready to start straight away as even though he's quite short he's got enough physicality to cope with PL football.

I'd only ever heard of him through Lycan tbh, but his excitement (and brief anger) around the boy gives us cause to be optimistic. Well it's a win-win, we've either got a good footballer, or something to rub in his face for literally years

I've never seen him play and first hand know nothing about him so will wait and see. I like the profile, seems highly rated, doesn't break the bank and can play a number of positions. Nice to get a player in early for a change as well.

There’s a short interview with Gary O’Neil about him on the Wolves express podcast. Talks about Neto being our only comfortable player on the outside of the pitch and Gomes will add more natural width. I guess he’s more likely to play on the right of a front three than rwb.

Back