• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves: Rodrigo Gomes

Seems a decent, level headed young fella on his first day video. He spoke via video call to GO who I think is on holiday in Dubai and Matt Hobbs who is in Portugal

Optimistic, we need width so should be plenty of chances to play.

At £15M, it's a bit overs for a squad player without it being a huge flop as we've done in the past. If it works out and he becomes an established starter then could sell for a tidy sum, as we expect to happen with Neto.

Optimistic, we need width so should be plenty of chances to play.

At £15M, it's a bit overs for a squad player without it being a huge flop as we've done in the past. If it works out and he becomes an established starter then could sell for a tidy sum, as we expect to happen with Neto.
It's 15m euros isn't it?
It's not an insubstantial amount but I doubt you'd get a young, well regarded player for much less.
Obviously an element of risk, we just hope he turns out more Joao Gomes then Santi Bueno.

Welcome to the team, low expectations for this guy, hope he’s not as shit as his highlight reels

Last edited:
(There, that’ll be something more interesting for deutsch to read in a year)

For Deutsch:

I've never heard of him, he's come from a poor quality league and not even one of the top 2 teams, he's young. I doubt he'll be able to cope with the step up to the PL.

😜🤪

For Deutsch:

I've never heard of him, he's come from a poor quality league and not even one of the top 2 teams, he's young. I doubt he'll be able to cope with the step up to the PL.

😜🤪
You may be right Dire Wolf, although I don't think of Primeira Liga as a 'poor quality' league.
Stats can be misleading, but playing for Estoril on loan last season he played 30 games and scored 7 goals, plus he played 6 times for Portugal U-21 last year and scored 3 goals.
I'm prepared to give him a chance and see how he goes for us.

It’s a fucking shit tattoo as well. Barely looks better than a stick-n-poke.

Back