• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Molineux Joe Mason

Best of luck to him. Hope he gets on the end of a few crosses and links well with ALF et al. KJ suggests another striker hopefully on the way too.

The thing that pleases me is it shows there is still some intent to invest in the side. He is a good age and I look forward to seeing how he fits in. Welcome new wolf!

Interesting Jackett's comments about him being a number 10. Mason doesn't seem much of a creative force. Can't be as bad as Edward's though so that's a bonus.

Underwhelmed, why has he barely been getting a game or is what I am looking at not right? Remember the other year me and my bro noticed he scored a few for Cardiff and used to look out for him(as our name is mason) and always thought that he didn't look as good as his record in the games I saw him.

Jacket seems to be turning us into his crappy flair less Millwall side that somehow had a good start and then plumetted. Got the calendar off so,done for xmas and still haven't even opened it, 4 of the first 6 players don't even play for or belong to us on it From what I remember.

Welcome aboard Joe and good luck. Hopefully you can have the same impact as our last two forward signings in January.

Interesting Jackett's comments about him being a number 10. Mason doesn't seem much of a creative force. Can't be as bad as Edward's though so that's a bonus.

I'd say it's a number 10 in the sense of a second striker who's playing deeper than a creative playmaker. As you mentioned, in the role Edwards played.

Well, he's our player so I wish him all the luck in the world. I'd have been happier if there'd been a queue of other clubs fighting for him and as someone else said on another thread, £3m on Joe Mason might be the end of KJ if it doesn't work. I'd have been much happier to see Wallace and Byrne given a proper chance and the £3m kept in the bank for the summer.

damned if you do damned if you don't
let's hope he gets off to a flyer Tuesday night

Hopefully he turns out to be a great signing and either scores or creates goals and has some sort of impact. Sure, the fee seems way too high for him but if he has an impact then it'll seem like a good deal. Hope you settle in quickly Joe.

Tell you what some of you need to get your head out your arses and support the lad, try judging him as a Wolves player. So many experts on here, and elsewhere. All that's wrong with the modern game!

I think the large majority are wishing him well to be honest.

Ironic that when he was at Cardiff he had three loan spells to ......Bolton.
Now his first game for us should be against......Bolton.

Welcome Joe Mason.

Good luck Joe Mason here's hoping you have a long and successful Wolves career.

Tell you what some of you need to get your head out your arses and support the lad, try judging him as a Wolves player. So many experts on here, and elsewhere. All that's wrong with the modern game!

People didn't have opinions back in the 'good old days' then?

----------Dicko-------
Graham-Mason-Zyro

Is an exciting prospect for next season.

Problem is, we've seen what can happen with an injury or two. That said, best of luck at Wolves, Joe.

Well, he's our player so I wish him all the luck in the world. I'd have been happier if there'd been a queue of other clubs fighting for him and as someone else said on another thread, £3m on Joe Mason might be the end of KJ if it doesn't work. I'd have been much happier to see Wallace and Byrne given a proper chance and the £3m kept in the bank for the summer.

How do we know there wasn't?

Back