• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

We are the Champions (by a very very long way)

Parkins left foot

'Quirk's Gay Game Winner'
Reaction score
Have been out all day, but at Fizzwolf's request the thread is here

My signature this season was prescient (always good to get a word not often used into things)

Presume that the trophy will be handed over next Saturday - am up & looking forward to that

Given the last few years really wasn't sure that this was going to happen despite decent investment levels - it has & was brilliant

Made an old man very happy

Trophy will be handed over next Saturday - can't wait. Great little early birthday present for me!

Well that has put one of my regrets to bed. Thought, still do, I would never witness England win the World Cup and regret not being around when we were so successful in the 50’s. We have been absolutely amazing this season and I genuinely believe we will get even better as early as next season. Nothing more apt than being crowned Champions this season

Well that has put one of my regrets to bed. Thought, still do, I would never witness England win the World Cup and regret not being around when we were so successful in the 50’s. We have been absolutely amazing this season and I genuinely believe we will get even better as early as next season. Nothing more apt than being crowned Champions this season

Have done that - so that's not a dream I still have

Champions League is my next dream & a Premier Title - may take a bit of time if we can do either, but hopefully I still have some years left.

It's these achievements that make me hope against hope that we get to see at least ten of our usual starting eleven get a good chance at the Prem.

I know it won't happen like that but I feel like they've earned it.

Another Trophy added to the honours list thank you very much.

It's these achievements that make me hope against hope that we get to see at least ten of our usual starting eleven get a good chance at the Prem.

I know it won't happen like that but I feel like they've earned it.

I know what you mean, I'm conflicted, the sentimental side of me would like to see most of this seasons squad given a go, but also think we need to be ruthless if we are to press on and cement our place in the Premier League.
Anyway thats for the future, in the meantime, well done to all the squad including the coaching team for their attitude and aptitude

Have done that - so that's not a dream I still have

Champions League is my next dream & a Premier Title - may take a bit of time if we can do either, but hopefully I still have some years left.

It’s not beyond the realms of possibility today whereas it’s never looked remotely possible in the last near 40 years

So - what are we enjoying for our Championship tipple? Ale? Wine? Spirits? Squash? Tea?

Tonight I'm going to open my Trappistes Rochefort 10 that I got from Bruges.

I might just stick with the one drink tonight as I've got the kids, but it'll taste so very sweet.

So - what are we enjoying for our Championship tipple? Ale? Wine? Spirits? Squash? Tea?

I might just stick with the one drink tonight as I've got the kids, but it'll taste so very sweet.

Probably wise to stick with one after drinking that. Great drink to celebrate with.

Clynelish 14. An absolute beauty. Almost as satisfying as watching that Jota lob fall over the line.

Raising a glass of diet Coke as we speak

Lots of vodka and coke, still have a horrible feeling I’ll wake up from this dream. Can’t believe how quick the season has gone. Anybody of a similar age to me will vouch this is the best season in our lifetime.

08/09 was amazing but it's not even close to this one. So many key performances throughout the season, it's been a fairy tale and unlike 9 years ago, it looks like we won't wake up with a bump when next season starts.

08/09 was amazing but it's not even close to this one. So many key performances throughout the season, it's been a fairy tale and unlike 9 years ago, it looks like we won't wake up with a bump when next season starts.

Loved 08/09 but this just eclipses this by a mile, we’ve been more dominant over sides than we were in 13/14.

I took the good lady out for a meal and toasted Nuno. Now enjoying a decent glass of claret.

Thank you Wolves.

08\09 we were Champions but we were mortal as we saw with that rancid run of games at the turn of 2009. Everytime we've lost a game we've punished the league, our run post Villa is simply sensational.

We've conceded 4 goals since Villa, one a penalty, one being the Burton one through a crowd of players and one in the 94th minute with 9 men and the other an OG.

Enjoying a very nice Tempranillo & watching Channel 5's efforts

08/09 was good, but this surpassess it by a long way

I can tell this side is as good as we’ve seen for a long time, one my dad hasn’t talked about the side of the early 70’s for a long time and my uncle who’s s bit older hasn’t mentioned the 50’s much either.

Back