• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

TWF's Best of a Bad Bunch Manager Choice

Who would be your 'favoured' candidate

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A poll to see of the E&S's current final 5 who would be the most popular / least unpopular choice. I'm not offering none of the above as I'm taking that as a given

Clearly, few others are. Nice try, though.

All pretty depressing to me, I was pretty underwhelmed when we appointed Jackett though so we'll see.

Really disappointing list, i would rather have Clement than any on that list.

So I reluctantly chose Lambert, I had a good conversation with a fairly rational Villa fan last night. His opinion was that initially the football was quite good but as they sold players he seemed obsessed with trying to unearth a gem from the lower leagues and it didn't work. Eventually he lost the plot and "shut up shop" every game.

The word used to describe him was a "drip"

He also said he lacks charisma, his interviews are boring and negative ..... sounds like the antiWalt to me.

It is not a case that I want Lambert more a case that I don't want the others more.

is opinion was that initially the football was quite good but as they sold players he seemed obsessed with trying to unearth a gem from the lower leagues and it didn't work. Eventually he lost the plot and "shut up shop" every game.

Was that due to the funds being removed by the Randy Learner? He wanted them to promote and buy cheap until he sold the club didn't he (no idea what Lambert spent in that period so I might be talking bollocks as usual)

From that E&S report there is certainly a lot of guesswork and a few "we understands" so they know about as much as I do.

Usual tactic of throwing names all over the shop and if one sticks it becomes "as exclusively revealed by the E&S". I can throw out some guesswork as well - Thelwell has been told to find English Managers and put them forward to Jeff and Mendes has been asked to put forward the foreign ones. That is about as likely what the E&S are telling us. Wolves are revealing nothing and have made no announcement about what type of manager they want.

Exactamundo.

Was that due to the funds being removed by the Randy Learner? He wanted them to promote and buy cheap until he sold the club didn't he (no idea what Lambert spent in that period so I might be talking bollocks as usual)

Tricky one this as he did spend quite a lot of money in the end (mostly wasted) however it is unclear if he was being forced down this route which is where a little sympathy kicks in. My other Villa friend thinks he was screwed over, bit of a mixed bag really. I worry that he will just be another Kenny Jackett.

Pearson if only to eradicate any big headed bastards to start with

Coach of my daughter's under 11 team did pretty well a few years back. Dave, I think his name was. Shall I forward it on to Thelwell?

Jesus wept.

I'd rather stick with Rob Edwards than actively seek to appoint any of those. At least we could demote him back to his old role if he wasn't up to it and maybe actually appoint a decent manager.

You are a miserable bunch. Indulge me, IF this is the list which would be your arm twisted behind the back choice?

You are a miserable bunch. Indulge me, IF this is the list which would be your arm twisted behind the back choice?
Lambert (in a hope he could get back to his best) if you're bringing physical force into it.

Sherwood.

Just to sit back and read the reactions on here :popcorn:

Sherwood.

Just to sit back and read the reactions on here :popcorn:
If Sherwood gets it I'll never go to Molineux again.

Until Saturday anyway.

Of that list I would opt for Lambert by some distance. It would be unfair to hold Blackburn against him as they are a car crash of a club under Venky's. Likewise Villa selling proven players and trying to replace them on the cheap was always going to end in disaster.

Lambert (in a hope he could get back to his best) if you're bringing physical force into it.

Lambert. Can I have my arm back now?

Thank you, you are both released.��

Lambert seems to be the winner of our tallest dwarf competition.

If we are all having our arms twisted then Pearson, but only so that he can lose it at some point & for Jeff & Sky Sun to go into ninja mode & take him out :)

Back