• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Trump

His latest claim in the head-to-head with Harris is that illegal immigrants are kidnapping and eating their (Americans) dogs and cats!
Springfield IIRC and the Haitian immigrant population? It has been debunked, but repeat it enough times...

I mean, I saw a clip of that in the debate and he just comes across as a completely unhinged lunatic. Harris was just laughing at him, because what else can you do? Millions of fellow unhinged lunatics will still vote for him.
Harris was really good in the debate. A convicted felon is going to struggle against a well rehearsed former prosecuter.

How fucking insane is America when this appeal to moderate voters??

• "This business about taking everybody's guns away, Tim Walz and I are both gun owners" - Harris first revealed she was a gun owner back in 2019, but this could be viewed as a fresh attempt to appeal to moderate voters

She is just the right person to take the unhinged loon on in a debate, so I am sure that will be the last debate as Trump will run away from any other ones.

I watched the news coverage here and Trump was an absolute mess, desperately trying to land a punch and just looking more and more stupid as Harris calmly put him away time after time.

His voters will still believe he won the debate hands down, of course.

How fucking insane is America when this appeal to moderate voters??
Think the commentary there is a bit off; IMO less about directly appealing to any particular cohort and more about trying to take the punch out of the conservative fear-mongering about forced buy-backs (which I would personally be in favor of, to be clear; in fact, forget the “buy” part and just take the fucking things).

Otherwise it’s just proof positive of how conservative our liberals are.

I’m not massively enthusiastic about Kamala, but watching her needle Trump to perfection was fabulously delicious.

I don’t have to get out of bed to clear that low a bar tbf

It does feel like the next couple of months are pretty pointless now. If you are voting Trump today there's nothing he or Harris could possibly do to change your mind.

It does feel like the next couple of months are pretty pointless now. If you are voting Trump today there's nothing he or Harris could possibly do to change your mind.
Been that way for a while IMO, it was always a question of whether Biden (and now Harris) could muster up enough hope to mobilize more liberal voters.

Been that way for a while IMO, it was always a question of whether Biden (and now Harris) could muster up enough hope to mobilize more liberal voters.
I think the debate needed to be out of the way, but if you are voting for him after cats and dogs and yesterday's very attractive female rapper who happened to be a bloke then there's nothing that will change your mind.

He would want it to be a public event if it was to assist his chances, surely.

Happened on his personal golf course, or so the reports are saying.

It’s weirdly hard for me to grasp that this has happened again to him. And also that both shooters were apparently quite shit with firearms.

Conflicting reports stating that it was an unrelated shooting and nothing to do with Trump whilst other stating the shots were at him.

Back