• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Trump

Jesus. If it wasn't so serious for global security having the White House populated by utter loons it might be slightly funny.

As I have said several times, they might as well give up writing House of Cards, as the reality is actually WORSE.

The Mooch has been binned apparently...

Jesus. If it wasn't so serious for global security having the White House populated by utter loons it might be slightly funny.

As I have said several times, they might as well give up writing House of Cards, as the reality is actually WORSE.

unfortunately yes..

And people here are still defending Trump. It's worse than tragic now.

And people here are still defending Trump. It's worse than tragic now.

worst president ever..or at least equal to erdogan, putin and kim jong-un

Maybe he isnt as evil, but he should star in dumb and dumber 3

Clearly not, Like I said I'm far from Trumps favourite fan (I can't even vote in the country I live in...) but I'd rather live in a country with him at the helm than Kim Jong Un!
I would not live in any of those tbf..get your point though..i hope you get mine too..

No I got it, thanks for the clarification I think? :)
How long you have lived in the us and what are benefits and bad things..guess sick insurance is a big thing, still obamacare

How long you have lived in the us and what are benefits and bad things..guess sick insurance is a big thing, still obamacare

I've been here just over 5 years, benefits? Through my own experiences of course...
Work hard and you are rewarded, I came with basically nothing but suitcases an a dog! (and of course my family) The feeling of community. Obviously the US is somewhat cheaper than I experienced in the UK, petrol, milk, bread, houses, cars...
I've been really lucky and have travelled more than most Americans whilst I have been here, both work and pleasure....
Bad things? High fructose corn syrup, it's in everything, the lack of British goods, finding a decent loaf of bread is nigh impossible, roads and infrastructure, the roads I found up north are quite terrible, possibly due to winter/summer seasons...
Health insurance of course, the only main country in the world that doesn't have a "free" health insurance program, however there are programs geared towards lower income families such as state specific such as TennCare. (Of which I am illegible for).
The 24 hour news cycle (obviously) the fascination with Trump is cringeworthy at times, (on all news networks, so much so, that I rarely watch the news as it is populated with Trump defenders and Trump nehsayers)

And of course...400 channels and nowt to watch!

Cheers for the insight, much appreciated...you seem to be living the american dream..in which city do you live if i may ask..south in florida?

Cheers for the insight, much appreciated...you seem to be living the american dream..in which city do you live if i may ask..south in florida?
YW, I wouldn't say I'm living the dream, but for the most part in all honesty and I have discussed this 1000 times with friends and family, that we are "currently" better off than we were in the UK, not only financially, but kids are in a great school and are doing very well, my son got selected to go on a STEM course at a local prestigious university of which only 20 kids out of the state got selected to go on. I'm humbled by their success at such a young age. But of course I dearly miss my hometown, friends and family and of course The Wolves. For now, we live just south of Chattanooga in Tennessee, but won't ever rule out the move back "home" :)

YW, I wouldn't say I'm living the dream, but for the most part in all honesty and I have discussed this 1000 times with friends and family, that we are "currently" better off than we were in the UK, not only financially, but kids are in a great school and are doing very well, my son got selected to go on a STEM course at a local prestigious university of which only 20 kids out of the state got selected to go on. I'm humbled by their success at such a young age. But of course I dearly miss my hometown, friends and family and of course The Wolves. For now, we live just south of Chattanooga in Tennessee, but won't ever rule out the move back "home" :)
Sounds good and congrats for your son's achievement..tough to compare countries advantages/disadvantages but always nice ro try new things, develop and see what else the world offer...i would rather stay there with obama in charge instead of the twittering bum but guess you have to bite the apple for now..just watch out for the big buffets and the 3l cokes ;)

Back