• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Wasn't Moore in charge at Tranmere for both of Cassidy's spells there? They panned out in completely different directions.

Oh my God you're right! Why are we signing this pleb? It's all going to go wrong! PAAAANNNNIIIIIIIICCCCCC!

Like how Wood had a good spell at Millwall, carried it to Leicester with him but has now ended up with an overall record of 1 in 4 for them?

I never said anything about wood. But whilst you are there, they are completely different as Wood has scored goals at numerous places.

And you are also criticising his goal record. I believe most of those will be substitute appearances. Skews it some what

Wood is a very good player who has found his opportunities limited at Leicester, is still very young but played quite a lot of games and proved he can score goals. I think he'd be a great addition

I still trust KJ to get it right for Wolves.
If Wood signs then it will be because KJ thinks he will be of benefit to us.
Is it a loan or a permanent move?

Wood only started 7 league games last season. He scored 4 goals in 910 minutes, an average of 1 per 228.

For comparison, Nugent scored 1 per 180 and Vardy 1 per 182

Wood only started 7 league games last season. He scored 4 goals in 910 minutes, an average of 1 per 228.

For comparison, Nugent scored 1 per 180 and Vardy 1 per 182

Nugent was their penalty taker as well. What's his ratio without them?

Written off before we've even bloody signed him the poor lad. At 22 there's still time for him to improve and he need to settle at one place I reckon. How we would use him I don't know in terms of formation and personnel around him (would we go 442?) but my guess is Jackett rates him highly and will have plans for how he intends to use him

Written off before we've even bloody signed him the poor lad. At 22 there's still time for him to improve and he need to settle at one place I reckon. How we would use him I don't know in terms of formation and personnel around him (would we go 442?) but my guess is Jackett rates him highly and will have plans for how he intends to use him

Think it's only mark tbh. But he's just playing devils advocate

Wood has looked a real player whenever I've seen him but I agree with Mark at least in principle; his record isn't as good as some seem to believe. That's not me saying I'm writing him off or what have you, but tempered expectations are best.

My Leicester supporting mate has just text me to say he has heard the the Wood transfer is confirmed, that true? cracking signing if so. Is it permanent or loan?

Jackett has just said we're in discussions but it's not near done yet.

Reading between the lines I'd say we've probably agreed a fee in principle but have yet to speak to the player.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this will happen. Don't think it would have even been mentioned that we are in discussions if it wasn't close we usually keep this sort of stuff pretty close to our chest.

Ah devils advocate that's what it's called.

Indeed, especially from someone who hasn't seen him play for any length of time.

Quality signing, target man who can turn and go by players. No great pace but then neither has Giroud and he seems to do alright. It's all about who we put around him. And he's a goal scorer to boot, maturing at 22 for his type of player is relatively hard. See: Vokes, Sam and Lambert, Ricky.

We would have to adapt our play slightly depending on how good his hold up play is as we look a lot for a quick ball for Dicko to chase or hold up. Having said that with the amount of crosses we put in today he should have a decent chance to get on the end of some of them.

Back