• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Yeah, I hear Bakary loves the Cleveland and the Hatherton.

If we wanted to sell him he'd have gone 18 months ago.

I believe we have a Premier League forward lined up to join us later this month, to ensure the 93 day window will see us out until the end of the play offs. Otherwise letting Clarke go (irrespective of his quality) doesn't make sense

Sako would of been mad to have left now. 16 weeks and he's a free signing. The teams that were interested all are in risk of being relegated. It made perfect sense for him to wait, be a free agent and go to a team that with have at least one season in the PL and a big pay out!
I'm happy he is staying. But I would have thought Wolves would have been happy to pick up 3 million, instead of nothing in several months.
I wouldn't use him staying as an example of ambition, or a lack of it.

Count up how many players we have used this season that are currently available.....

We are very thin on the ground

We showed little intent whereas Derby have signed some of the players we wanted....Lingard ring a bell Penk?

By the way I would rather have no-one than Leon. He was shite in 2004 and he is shite now. Awful footballer, go away.

Count up how many players we have used this season that are currently available.....

We are very thin on the ground

I don't even know what this means.

Why do we need players sitting around doing nothing?

Okay....

Ikeme, Kuszcak, Doherty, Hause, Iorfa, Batth, Stearman, Golbourne, MacDonald, Price, Evans, Edwards, Afobe, Sako, Van La Parra, Henry, Jacobs, Dicko

Off the top of my head, that is 18 - and there are others on top of that to be added who have been on the bench and are still with the club.

Injuries, ability to change the game with substitutes

Our "second choice" XI would look something like this:

----------------------Kuszczak-------------------------

Doherty----Ebanks-Landell------Hause--------Ricketts

------------Saville------------Evans------------------

Van La Parra-----------Jacobs------------Bancessi

---------------------Afobe-------------------------

Yeah, we have no strength in depth whatsoever.

Or do we need more than 22 players capable of playing in the Championship?

Back