• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Keiran would this be pronounced - Zhet - cy- er - oo (I hope my phonetic spelling is how I would pronounce it!) I was actually learning polish on Monday as part of my teacher training, I teach 4 polish kids and about 25 kids who are part Slovak/Czech/an other so made sure to pay attention as can never pronounce surnames or words.

Well unless we've actually signed him i will pronounce it, Zero, as in nothing, bugger all, one that got away, etc etc :)

E&S latest on Sako after speaking to someone "close" to him (probably spoke with 100%Penk)

The seven-goal top scorer’s representatives have been approached by three or four top-flight clubs during the current transfer window – but all of them are currently in the bottom half of the table.

Albion, plus Villa and QPR, are believed to be the interested parties.

Wolves are understood to have set a price threshold of around £2m-£2.5m for the 26-year-old, who is out of contract in the summer – but with a ‘special rate’ for arch-rivals Albion.

The club know they would risk a PR disaster by selling to their Black Country neighbours.

But Sako, who was used as a second-half substitute in Mali’s 1-1 draw with Guinea last night, is understood to have told Wolves he wants to help them to promotion – because to play for the club in the Premier League is his “dream”.

A source close to the player said: “I spoke to Bakary and he told me his priority. He is staying until the summer to try to get Wolves into the Premier League – that is his dream.

“Ideally, he wants to help Wolves to the Premier League, then he’d be the first to sign a new contract there.

“But if Wolves aren’t in a position to go up at the end of the season then he will have the pick of three, four or five clubs in the summer.

“We have had contact from three or four Premier League clubs this month. But they’re from places 12 to 19 in the Premier League and the risk is too big to take – they may go down to the Championship.

“I would imagine Jez Moxey (chief executive) would settle for 2.5m euros, although neither him or Kenny Jackett (head coach) want to sell, but Bakary will only go if it’s a club in the top 10 of the Premier.

“But if Wolves are still in the Championship in the summer, then he will go.”

Isn't that effectively tapping up the player and illegal if they haven't approached the club first?

Is Sako really going to say anything other than his priority is to help Wolves get promoted?

Keiran would this be pronounced - Zhet - cy- er - oo (I hope my phonetic spelling is how I would pronounce it!) I was actually learning polish on Monday as part of my teacher training, I teach 4 polish kids and about 25 kids who are part Slovak/Czech/an other so made sure to pay attention as can never pronounce surnames or words.

The "y" sound in Zyro sounds like the "i" sound in "in", the "o" in Zyro sounds like the "o" in "Orange"

https://translate.google.com/#auto/pl/Zyro If you click on the "speaker" button in the grey box, you can see what I mean, it's quite hard to type how to pronounce these words when we don't have too many equivalent sounds in English
t

Isn't that effectively tapping up the player and illegal if they haven't approached the club first?

Is Sako really going to say anything other than his priority is to help Wolves get promoted?

To be fair to him that stance makes a lot of sense even from a neutral point of view. Good for him (or his advisors) for understanding what's what.

I'll harbor no ill feelings toward him if he leaves in the summer. He's given the club a hell of a lot.

Jackett says there will be no transfers in/out before the weekend, and if there was no more business done by the time the window closes, he'd be happy with what we've got.

Now - why oh why did I then look on Twitter after I read that?

Oh dear, 'Kenny' becomes 'Mr Jackett' again.

No, he's become a 'I like Kenny, but he's just a yes man'.

I wonder how many of these people that make these comments stand up to their owner or their CEO.

Jackett says there will be no transfers in/out before the weekend, and if there was no more business done by the time the window closes, he'd be happy with what we've got.

Now - why oh why did I then look on Twitter after I read that?

Link?

I just opened up Twitter. The first thing I saw was some idiot moaning about KJ being a "puppet" because he said nothing was happening right now. I don't know whether they expect Kenny to say something like:

"Yes, we're signing Michal Zyro. This is the fee we're offering. Please hijack our deal."

It's everywhere. Just open Twitter if you really want to read them. Got bored of it so gave up and read about people's snowy anecdotes on Facebook instead.

Jackett has an extensive record of saying these sort of things and then completely going against it. I'd be frustrated if we couldn't add further, but not to the extent where it seems to be a life changing event for many of the complete boons on Twitter.

I just opened up Twitter. The first thing I saw was some idiot moaning about KJ being a "puppet" because he said nothing was happening right now. I don't know whether they expect Kenny to say something like:

"Yes, we're signing Michal Zyro. This is the fee we're offering. Please hijack our deal."

He has also said:

BBC WM Sport 95.6 @sportbbcwm · 14m 14 minutes ago
#Wolves Jackett doesn't rule out transfers before deadline but would be content if he has the current squad for rest of season. #wwfc @bbcwm

But the first part of the sentence has been ignored by most. Although, as we know, Kenny's a bullshitter anyway.

Plus we can still loan players up to the middle of March anyway.

In any case, what kind of manager publicly says he is "unhappy with the current squad"? Redknapp does but he's quite obviously a mewling quim.

I'm sure Wolves are working as hard as anyone behind the scenes trying to get deals done. Sometimes a little patience is required until our targets become available.

I'm sure Wolves are working as hard as anyone behind the scenes trying to get deals done. Sometimes a little patience is required until our targets become available.

Don't be daft. The entire world of social media was told to expect something last Monday...

Polish girl at work says its Gee-err-Rowe

As in Giroud for the first bit, Adrian chiles for the middle and Tommy Rowe to end.

She has also heard of him so must be a superstar.

Back