• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Both RVLP and Henry are natural right-wingers. Boukari, if he's now coming back, is a right-winger too isn't he? We can play someone else on the left but the thing we've needed all season is a backup natural left-winger to compete with Sako - at the moment that's who, Jacobs?

The only winger I see as being one sided is Sako. Henry played on the left vs Blackburn for most of the game and he was brilliant.

Well yes but IMO that was because he's one paced and can't cope with being doubled up on, not because he was out of position.

I thought Blackpool did that well (they didn't come to do anything else really) and Henry always cuts inside from the left which made him easy to defend. Unfortunately a problem for any one footed player on the 'wrong' side.

I thought Blackpool did that well (they didn't come to do anything else really) and Henry always cuts inside from the left which made him easy to defend. Unfortunately a problem for any one footed player on the 'wrong' side.

And the problem exacerbated as there is no overlap from Hause (nor would you expect there to be). If Golbourne were playing then having a right footer on the "wrong" side might not be a problem at all, as the winger goes one way while the full back bombs on outside.

Good point Dan. I thought Hause did well Saturday but he is a defender first and full back occasionally. Sako in front of him and he looks a better player as you say.

Have you been watching the right team? Sako is the big fella who plays on the left and he's been missing for a whole 2 league games. VlP played centrally due to Dicko being broken and Clarke $#@!e. .

Hence my comment about VLP being used left and centrally recently, which leaves Henry with no challenger.

Hence my comment about VLP being used left and centrally recently, which leaves Henry with no challenger.

That doesn't make any sense. Two players competing for one spot and you want to bring another in if one of them goes onto the left for one game as we have solved the competition/ replacement for Dicko.

Would it not make more sense to get a left winger in to challenge the ONE we have?

I think Lambert would be absolutely bonkers to loan one of most talented young forward players to a team on his doorstep. If Grealish did play well at Wolves creating goals and also scoring, the likes of that pratt Frankes on WM would create all kinds of supporter uproar. Lambert just wont put petrol on that fire.

Doyle to Middlesboro' on loan?

It would be great if we could get Bogey and Doyle off our books even if only for part wages.

What a pointless move that would be.

Kike, Tomlin, Bamford and Vossen would all be ahead of him.

Both RVLP and Henry are natural right-wingers. Boukari, if he's now coming back, is a right-winger too isn't he? We can play someone else on the left but the thing we've needed all season is a backup natural left-winger to compete with Sako - at the moment that's who, Jacobs?

Think Boukari is right footed but he can play on the left...Solbakken played him there, i can remember him bombing down the Billy Wright towards the North Bank.
Just watching you tube videos of him and hes on either side scoring goals and Jeez lets hope he comes back with some of that pace.

Think Boukari is right footed but he can play on the left...Solbakken played him there, i can remember him bombing down the Billy Wright towards the North Bank.
Just watching you tube videos of him and hes on either side scoring goals and Jeez lets hope he comes back with some of that pace.
Boukari plays either wing pretty naturally and can go as the striker in a pinch. Or at least, he could do before this nightmare started.

I thought Boukari looked the business in the (very) small amount of time he spent on the pitch for us. I'm really hoping he can stay fit this time around.

Better than Sako pre-injury. I stand by that.

Bakary Sako is twice the player now than he was when he first joined though.

Better than Sako pre-injury. I stand by that.

That can't be based on anything he did for Wolves. He looked at best average vs Northampton on debut and Sako overshadowed him in a 10 minute sub appearance. Broke down vs Sheff Wed after 10 minutes. What else is there? Then he did nothing at Sochaux.

I'd be more enthused by this latest return (which won't happen, by the way) if I knew he was any good. I'm not sure he is.

Back