• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Torino Build Up Thread

Also, if you go near the river and look far to your left and upwards, you ll see the Superga hill, site of the Grande Torino airplane crash.
I plan to visit tomorrow. What’s the best way to get there? Also, can you pay for public transport onboard or have to buy tickets in advance? Thanks.

Very jealous of all of you who are going over for this one. My sister will be there (her other half is a Torino fan and they live in Tuscany) - not in her Wolves colours, mind. The Portuguese officials will surely give us an edge if only from a communication perspective on the pitch!

I plan to visit tomorrow. What’s the best way to get there? Also, can you pay for public transport onboard or have to buy tickets in advance? Thanks.

You can take bus number 61 or 68 from Piazza Vittorio, that big square I was talking about before. You get off at the stop called Sassi and from there you take the..uuh...i dont know what it's called, the dented railway that goes up the superga hill (6 euros for the round trip). You can find the timetable in pdf form here: http://www.gtt.to.it/cms/turismo/sassisup#orari
It's a really nice short trip and Torino fans appreciate a lot the fans of other teams who visit Superga.
No, you cant buy tickets on the bus. You go to any "tabaccaio" (tobacconist) shop, the ones with a big white "T" outside, and you can buy them there. I think that you can buy a daily ticket for around 3,5 euros which is an absolute bargain.

I think it comes from a bit of history of England fans in Turin.

I'd forgotten about that,caused traffic gridlock by knocking out the traffic computer,nicked a load of gold in three minis,transferred it to a coach,which skidded off the road and was dangling in the air

I'd forgotten about that,caused traffic gridlock by knocking out the traffic computer,nicked a load of gold in three minis,transferred it to a coach,which skidded off the road and was dangling in the air

:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

You can take bus number 61 or 68 from Piazza Vittorio, that big square I was talking about before. You get off at the stop called Sassi and from there you take the..uuh...i dont know what it's called, the dented railway that goes up the superga hill (6 euros for the round trip). You can find the timetable in pdf form here: http://www.gtt.to.it/cms/turismo/sassisup#orari
It's a really nice short trip and Torino fans appreciate a lot the fans of other teams who visit Superga.
No, you cant buy tickets on the bus. You go to any "tabaccaio" (tobacconist) shop, the ones with a big white "T" outside, and you can buy them there. I think that you can buy a daily ticket for around 3,5 euros which is an absolute bargain.

I’m not going unfortunately but thanks for all the info you’re offering. Hope you decide to stick around whatever the outcome of the tie.

I’m not going unfortunately but thanks for all the info you’re offering. Hope you decide to stick around whatever the outcome of the tie.

I dont see why I wouldnt. I love British football and, most of all, British stadiums (or "stadia", for the elitist twats :D).

I dont see why I wouldnt. I love British football and, most of all, British stadiums (or "stadia", for the elitist twats :D).

You're in luck then as we're probably rebuilding large parts of our ground in the coming years (it isn't big enough any more)

After walking 450000 miles across Frankfurt airport!, just waiting for boarding to Turin.

A very different match day experience indeed

Dark and rainy day today. You wont suffer from the intense heat we had these days but it's not exactly "tourism weather".

Last edited:
Does anyone have a supporter number I can use for the home leg next week, please? The wife is hoping to come along witj me. Drop me a PM
Thanks

Last edited:
Also would appreciate a supporter number for my nephew if anyone is not going.

Dark and rainy day today. You wont suffer from the intense hear we had these days but it's not exactly "tourism weather".
Not happy with this rain!! I'm going home...

Back