• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Top 20 Wolves Goals: 1990s (1989/90-1998/99): Poll

Top 20 Wolves Goals: 1990s (1989/90-1998/99) - Poll

• 6. Paul Birch - Barnsley 0-1 Wolves (Division 1 - 1/9/1992)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 27. Mixu Paatelainen - Queens Park Rangers 0-2 Wolves (League Cup 1st Round 1st Leg - 12/8/1997)

• 41. Lee Naylor - Wolves 3-1 Birmingham City (Division 1 - 22/11/1998)

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Will do my picks probably on Saturday.

If you think the 1990s was tough, the 2000s is going to be harder - there's 699 goals to chose from - and I reckon there's going to be quite a few more nominations.

Poll is scheduled to close at 1am UK time on Wednesday, October 16th.

Club house leader at the moment is David Kelly's superb header in the match - Wolves 1-0 Leicester City (FA Cup 5th Round). I hadn't really noticed before that he set it up himself with a terrific dummy just before the half way line and then slotted the pass to Don Goodman.

Not jumping the gun, but testing the output - I've cut 2 goals: David Kelly's vs Leicester and Bully's last minute winner vs Birmingham. I've added a 6 second subtitle at the start for each goal detailing the goalscorer, match and date. Unlike with the Wolves goal scorer compilations I've included the replay of the goal.

This means on average each goal will last approx. 40 secs so the compilation will run for approx. 13-14 minutes - are people happy for that length ?

I have to admit I got goosebumps with both goals so I'm quite excited about compiling this compilation.

Last edited:
To make it easier to view all 43 goals, I've created and uploaded the following video detailing all 43 goals as nominated by the members of The Wolves Forum.

Note the video runs for just under 25 minutes.

There are some simply fabulous goals to savour.

To make it easier to view all 43 goals, I've created and uploaded the following video detailing all 43 goals as nominated by the members of The Wolves Forum.

Definitely would have liked to have an easy re-watch before I voted but I will watch anyway.

It may make me want to change my vote!

Just nominated my top 20 - bloody hell that was extremely hard.

Did anyone notice that with the 43 goals nominated not one came from a game that Wolves lost - quite amazing really.

I also had a broad smile on my face with Phil Walder's commentary for Neil Emblen's late late equaliser against Sheffield United. He almost loses his voice whilst nearly having a heart attack at the same time. 😂

Still if the 1990s was hard the 2000s are going to be harder to narrow down - I'll probably post in the 2nd half of November (after I return from holidays) to get the ball rolling.

One thing I'll do again for sure is create a video for all the nominated goals, like I have done for the 1990s - it makes it considerably easier to view all the goals in one video.

It only took me around 3 hours to edit and compile, but this time I'll create the individual clips for each goal as they are nominated. Once the nominations are closed off it's only a 10-15 minute task to merge all the clips into one video and then upload onto The Wolves Archive YouTube channel.

Really enjoyed this KW, was really evocative.

Just nominated my top 20 - bloody hell that was extremely hard.

Did anyone notice that with the 43 goals nominated not one came from a game that Wolves lost - quite amazing really.

I also had a broad smile on my face with Phil Walder's commentary for Neil Emblen's late late equaliser against Sheffield United. He almost loses his voice whilst nearly having a heart attack at the same time. 😂

Still if the 1990s was hard the 2000s are going to be harder to narrow down - I'll probably post in the 2nd half of November (after I return from holidays) to get the ball rolling.

One thing I'll do again for sure is create a video for all the nominated goals, like I have done for the 1990s - it makes it considerably easier to view all the goals in one video.

It only took me around 3 hours to edit and compile, but this time I'll create the individual clips for each goal as they are nominated. Once the nominations are closed off it's only a 10-15 minute task to merge all the clips into one video and then upload onto The Wolves Archive YouTube channel.
Sat and watched the video for the 1990s last night, it's fucking brilliant, despite it being Championship stuff it was great fun back then.
Cheers man for all your efforts.

Really enjoyed this KW, was really evocative.
Yes it is . . . I had goosebumps for a number of the goals.

Sat and watched the video for the 1990s last night, it's fucking brilliant, despite it being Championship stuff it was great fun back then.
Cheers man for all your efforts.
To be honest, apart from the Nuno years, the seasons in the Premier League have been mostly a slog IMO, especially as everything is so weighted towards the Sky 6/7 that it renders the playing field no longer level but at 90 degrees - IMO of course.

Last edited:
Back