• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

A contemporary of mine, more acquaintance than friend, but someone I admired, has just been admitted to a hospice for end-of-life care.

She wasnt a close friend, or a soul mate, or anything like that, but the notion that the world has lost a fantastic person who dedicated her life to studying how best to educate kids, and will be gone too soon, seems utterly wrong.

A colleague of mine who I have worked with in 2 different jobs lost his daughter today to the "C" at a tender age of 15. So terribly saddened right now! :(

Again, family celebrations and milestones that I miss out on and will never have memories of.

Living across the pond is a great life but you do pay a price for that life.

I picked up a copy of the free NME today. Bloody hell. Would have been much better just to have given it a dignified death.

I picked up a copy of the free NME today. Bloody hell. Would have been much better just to have given it a dignified death.

Agreed SLA. Many years ago I used to buy it, and I cannot recall the circulation figures, but it was probably the top selling music magazine. Now they can barely give it away.

i did buy nme & melody maker periodically but Sounds was easily the best. After Sounds i lived on Select until it went defunct.

It's my daughter's 6th birthday today. She's got her party in about an hour - but I had to pick her up from school about an hour ago as she's got a temperature and what seems to be the start of a chest infection (which she's very susceptible to).

Poor little thing - she's laid out on the sofa looking very sorry for herself and I feel terrible for her. I've dosed her up with calpol and hope she rallies enough so she can make her party (we'll no doubt take her anyway even if it's just to say hello) but of all the days for her to get poorly. :(

No Molineux for her tomorrow sadly.

Didn't she suffer a lot as a baby with something similar or am I getting confused ?

Didn't she suffer a lot as a baby with something similar or am I getting confused ?
Yeah she had pneumonia at 3 months old and was in hospital for ages.

Hope she gets better Langers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Agree. A sad way to live a life.

Sue - you make it sound like a choice - as someone who is quite pessimistic, and catastrophises a lot, I would love to flick a switch and be optimistic.

I've been on antidepressants before, and it is bloody hard work to put into practice techniques to get you to a better place, and get off the pills.

Back