• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

Apparently, we've got a sell on clause on Sam Vokes who might be signing for Stoke.

We really have taken a fair wedge from them just recently! Sell on fee for Vokes + Danny Batth = Joao Moutinho. Nice work, lads.

Stoke want to include Peter Crouch in the deal, reducing the cash but does that mean we get 25% of Peter Crouch as well?

Chelsea asking £35m for Batshuayi.
Jiminez is far far better value.

I think bar the obvious tying of Jonny to a permanent contract (hopefully a minimum of four years) we are probably going to be done.

Jim White is going to have a REALLY boring day tomorrow. Hardly anyone is doing anything as everyone knows there is little value in the January market.

For instance - SSN have been flogging the Maxi Gomez deal to West Ham as "almost done" for over two weeks now. I don't think that one will actually happen at all.

Tomorrow will in all probability be quiet as fuck. Hope so just to piss SSN off*

*although I will allow us to bring in a couple of surprises and would still be happy about that!

Marca (who aren't above bullshit and making things up) apparently reckon Jonny will be signing a bit begrudgingly as he's disappointed Atletico are letting him go.

Can sympathise with him if it is the case - he still has 5 years after this season on his contract with them, probably figured he was set to play for a legit European contender (obviously, hopefully we will get there, but it'll take a while)

If he does sign hopefully everyone shows him some love and he can settle as he'll be an important player for us.

As long as he signs then I am not too worried about a bit begrudging. Giving up on Atleti would be a wrench, no matter how much he is loving it here.

SSN say we are in for Sardar Mazmoun from Rubin Kazan. Iranian Striker. We want a buy option after a loan, they want an obligation.

Interesting.

As long as he signs then I am not too worried about a bit begrudging. Giving up on Atleti would be a wrench, no matter how much he is loving it here.

SSN say we are in for Sardar Mazmoun from Rubin Kazan. Iranian Striker. We want a buy option after a loan, they want an obligation.

Interesting.

The Iranian Messi

Interesting. Don’t know much about the guy, but some cover up front is always welcome- if we can get the option rather than the obligation, I’d be happy with that.

Azmoun was very highly rated a couple of years ago at Rostov but no idea how he's got on at Kazan.

Still just 24 and he fits our recent mold a la Jiminez and Rafa Mir; 6'1" and 176lbs, so he's a strong, tall guy.

We've also been linked with Vincent Janssen?

Janssen isn't any good anyway. Don't know a thing about Azmoun.

Hard to judge anything from a you tube compilation as always.

But

Looks decent in the air

Good feet

Maybe a little selfish and should look up earlier for team mates

Intriguing.

Nottm post journalist:

Leo Bonatini is another loan target for #nffc - as seems to be the case with many of their targets, they will face competition. It's just that time of year. But the Wolves striker would be a good addition. Was a big influence for them in the Championship last season. Scored 12.

I definitely expect Leo to go tomorrow so that would be a decent destination for him.

I'm almost surprised Leo isn't off back to Saudi or similar. Surely still has contacts out there and could get a nice pay raise. Could be he didn't much care for it out there, I suppose.

Back