• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

I stand in the South Bank and would be more than happy with an upgrade on Doc but don't let sweeping generalisations get in the way of a good old dig at anyone from the SB

It was said in jest mate... apologies...

I hear a lot of people near me in the Upper Steve Bull who think Matt is up there with Roberto Carlos tbf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just asked a Dutchman and apparently he's particularly good going forward. Sounds a good fit for us.

Everyone keeps talking about ‘backup’ for Doherty [emoji848]

Now I know he is much improved from his initial baseline of being fucking awful... but as the Man City game proved - he’s still not the greatest defender and his crossing is mostly average.

So maybe.. just maybe - Nuno is looking at improving on Doherty...?

Just a thought.

For me he has earned the right to player there for this season, so if someone comes in as a RWB then they would have to displace him not just walk straight in to the spot.

It was said in jest mate... apologies...

I hear a lot of people near me in the Upper Steve Bull who think Matt is up there with Roberto Carlos tbf.

Everyone can be upgraded and I think a lot of fans are going to have to get used to some turnover of players over the next few seasons (I hope).
You do have a point about some of the South Bank mind you, but it's only a vocal minority

Wolves have signed 17-year-old Michael Agboola from Dagenham & Redbridge, after the young central defender impressed while on trial at the club.
Another fucker who has put me on ignore then...

Everyone can be upgraded and I think a lot of fans are going to have to get used to some turnover of players over the next few seasons (I hope).
You do have a point about some of the South Bank mind you, but it's only a vocal minority

Yeah I agree - I hope the flow is constant. We need to continue this momentum.

For me he has earned the right to player there for this season, so if someone comes in as a RWB then they would have to displace him not just walk straight in to the spot.

He has certainly improved from the overweight, lazy full back he used to be.. but it would be nice to see him get some quality completion for the shirt.

Yeah, this is what I was getting at when I said “back up”.

As in, whoever comes in will need to be patient as Doc isn’t going to be dropped immediately.

Yeah, this is what I was getting at when I said “back up”.

As in, whoever comes in will need to be patient as Doc isn’t going to be dropped immediately.

This doesn’t work for me though James..

Matt has shown more effort this year in getting fit and maintaining it... but surely this is the minimum we should expect from him. His overall play is still suspect and he has had no competition whatsoever.

Should we bring in a higher quality player, who shows in training that he has a better touch, defensive awareness and crossing ability - then I’d have him straight in the first team.

No room for sentiment.

Matt has shown more effort this year in getting fit and maintaining it... but surely this is the minimum we should expect from him. His overall play is still suspect and he has had no competition whatsoever.

Should we bring in a higher quality player, who shows in training that he has a better touch, defensive awareness and crossing ability - then I’d have him straight in the first team.

No room for sentiment.

Too true. We had this crap with Edwards for years. Obviously not anything like good enough (I would say Doc is above this level now, in the very specific role that we use him in) but he'd knock a goal in every now and then and people subsequently wanted to wait for him to have a series of terrible games before we dropped him. No, that will obviously hurt the team and results. If you have an obviously better player, pick him. We didn't sign Rui and then make him wait for Ruddy to chuck one in before he got a go.

Obviously until we sign someone better than Doc then this is not an issue. I haven't seen enough of Tete to say whether he is or isn't.

No room for sentiment.

But that's your opinion (And possible Deutsch's). His overall play has been very good this season with a couple of poor performances thrown in. Of course that is my opinion, but it seems a lot of our fanbase and Nuno share that opinion too.

Too true. We had this crap with Edwards for years. Obviously not anything like good enough (I would say Doc is above this level now, in the very specific role that we use him in) but he'd knock a goal in every now and then and people subsequently wanted to wait for him to have a series of terrible games before we dropped him. No, that will obviously hurt the team and results. If you have an obviously better player, pick him. We didn't sign Rui and then make him wait for Ruddy to chuck one in before he got a go.

Obviously until we sign someone better than Doc then this is not an issue. I haven't seen enough of Tete to say whether he is or isn't.

I think there is a difference in doing that in the close season to doing it mid season.

Back