• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

Half the players that are mentioned I've never heard of before where most of you on here are going 'Would be a great signing', 'I'd be all over that'. Do you lot watch too much footballer or is it just based on reputation or who they play for or something else?

FIFA, innit.

I do watch too much football. I would stop well short of calling Augustin "incredible" and Gelson Martins flatters to deceive.

From what I've read about Gelson Martins is that he has a bit Adama Traore about him, lightening quick but little end product

I'm with Penk, no idea who most of the overseas players linked to us are - Patricio, Moutinho & Neves aside

Twitter has us linked with Che Adams. But apparently Leicester are going to spend £20m on him

I think that the media (as usual) simply won't have a clue what we are doing.

Moutinho and Patricio came from a non-media source. And they seemed to have no clue what else we were doing.

We keep our cards very close to our chests and I like that.

Rumours swirling about that Southampton are willing to let Cedric Soares go.

Hasn't been at his best this season but I would still be all over that if so.

He's turned down Everton as its not a big enough jump in class, so can't see us being in the frame too if we're being honest with ourselves.

Rumours swirling about that Southampton are willing to let Cedric Soares go.

Hasn't been at his best this season but I would still be all over that if so.

1253886001_office-no.gif

Please no. He has been lauded for his defensive skills but could never see half of it anywhere on the national team. Plus his attacking is about as effective as an upside down turtle.

He's a bit like Doc. Very good going forward but not great defending. He'd be good competition for Doc.

The reason he went to the world cup instead of the likes of Nelson Semedo and Cancelo was due to his, supposedly, better defending.

And then he botched it big time

Lots of rumours about Kenny Tete from Lyon. RB or RWB apparently.

Yeah, this has gathered some real pace. Although he wants to leave Lyon because he isn't getting games there and would be moving here, almost certainly, as back up to Doherty - so I don't get that one!

22 years old and 11 caps for the Dutch national side already.

Everyone keeps talking about ‘backup’ for Doherty [emoji848]

Now I know he is much improved from his initial baseline of being fucking awful... but as the Man City game proved - he’s still not the greatest defender and his crossing is mostly average.

So maybe.. just maybe - Nuno is looking at improving on Doherty...?

Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone keeps talking about ‘backup’ for Doherty [emoji848]

Now I know he is much improved from his initial baseline of being fucking awful... but as the Man City game proved - he’s still not the greatest defender and his crossing is mostly average.

So maybe.. just maybe - Nuno is looking at improving on Doherty...?

Just a thought.

It's so radical, it just might work....

Don’t tell the South Bank... anyone who slags off The Doc is basically a Villa fan apparently...

I stand in the South Bank and would be more than happy with an upgrade on Doc but don't let sweeping generalisations get in the way of a good old dig at anyone from the SB

Know nothing about him so can't comment. But with this rumour and the ones about Bauer it's very clear we are in for a RWB which is good news.

Back