• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

It's not really not knowing how to play it properly, i know how to do the sort of button combo's to work the quick one-two moves and such but it's just not enjoyable for me, whenever i play FIFA i dont feel like i can play the sort of football i want to play, i feel a bit forced into doing things a certain way. PES seems to offer a bit more freedom, it feels more natural to me, the changes of direction are sharper, FIFA feels a bit cumbersome running with the ball to me and the variation of power on passes doesn't seem very wide, whenever i try to play a pass over about 20 yards it never reaches it's target without being intercepted on FIFA despite holding the button down as long as possible to ensure maximum power, on PES they really drill it if you do the same.

I do wish they'd throw more money into PES though, i remember when people used to be able to forgive it's cheap looks and lack of image rights or whatever because the football was so much better, now i think it needs to be a bit more polished for people to even consider it. Since it's been forgotton by many it's like Konami have almost given up on it to an extent.

FIFA looks very promising this year. Of course, I've loved the past 3. I'm ecstatic that international call-ups and such are going to be a part of it and they'll have some international tournaments (Gold Cup for instance if I recall correctly). I just wish they could get the damn license away from PES for Champs League. Some pageantry for the current variation (Champs Cup) would go quite a long way for me.

I agree if you like P.E.S over fifa their nowt wrong with it.

I agree with Prerecordedlive that they are really putting the effort into Fifa this year. They are giving us things we have asked for. I just hope they don't drop the ball though and cheap out on the international call up front. I just wish that they don't mess with player impact engine. That thing is funny.

I just wish that they don't mess with player impact engine. That thing is funny.

That thing has caused so many laughs for me, sometimes it can mess up your game though when your ST and CF "spawn" on top of each other in a mess on the floor allowing the opposition for an easy push forward.

That thing has caused so many laughs for me, sometimes it can mess up your game though when your ST and CF "spawn" on top of each other in a mess on the floor allowing the opposition for an easy push forward.

It's annoying but it's brought so much youtube classics

FIFA looks very promising this year. Of course, I've loved the past 3. I'm ecstatic that international call-ups and such are going to be a part of it and they'll have some international tournaments (Gold Cup for instance if I recall correctly). I just wish they could get the damn license away from PES for Champs League. Some pageantry for the current variation (Champs Cup) would go quite a long way for me.

I won't play FIFA again unless the gameplay speed doubles or triples.

FM12 has ruined me.

I won't play FIFA again unless the gameplay speed doubles or triples.

FM12 has ruined me.

If that happened most games would end 10-6

Fm12 does ruin peoples lives. It is so addictive

The new transformers demo is available now with 2 single player missions and the chance to play online multiplayer. I find it very good.

Cheers, Bandy. I'll give that a go later.

If that happened most games would end 10-6

Fm12 does ruin peoples lives. It is so addictive

That's fine, at least it would be entertaining. I've tried playing FIFA recently and it's just too slow and aggravating to enjoy.

The fact that I watch FM matches on the second highest speed probably not helping the matter.

That's fine, at least it would be entertaining. I've tried playing FIFA recently and it's just too slow and aggravating to enjoy.

The fact that I watch FM matches on the second highest speed probably not helping the matter.

You know it!

Gamescom is this month. More info on gta V is rumoured to appear.

Damnnnnnnnnnnnn......... Rockstar are the master sellers. They tell us nothing so we want the game more.

Damnnnnnnnnnnnn......... Rockstar are the master sellers. They tell us nothing so we want the game more.

I'm still betting it'll be an October release, all their GTA games came out October, bar IV but that was due to a delay, it was due to come out October.

I'm still betting it'll be an October release, all their GTA games came out October, bar IV but that was due to a delay, it was due to come out October.

I think wanderer This october maybe too soon for it.

I think wanderer This october maybe too soon for it.

I'm not so sure, they don't need to market it much, GTA is big enough, give it a few months, a GI cover in August, new trailer/release date in September, release in October.

I'm not so sure, they don't need to market it much, GTA is big enough, give it a few months, a GI cover in August, new trailer/release date in September, release in October.

But they would want to set a pre order record. It would smash all call of doody records when ever it comes out. October is not a good time to launch a lot of AAA titles come out October/November

But they would want to set a pre order record. It would smash all call of doody records when ever it comes out. October is not a good time to launch a lot of AAA titles come out October/November

I think if they announced it comes out October, I think they would set a record with pre-orders, it's a highly anticipated game, they've got people wanting more news, and just announcing a release date would get lots of pre-orders, COD's are for kids, I think they'd have other titles to contend with in 2013, with the likes of Bioshock, and possibly Watch Dogs/The Last Of Us.

I think if they announced it comes out October, I think they would set a record with pre-orders, it's a highly anticipated game, they've got people wanting more news, and just announcing a release date would get lots of pre-orders, COD's are for kids, I think they'd have other titles to contend with in 2013, with the likes of Bioshock, and possibly Watch Dogs/The Last Of Us.

good point. I tell you now. The Gta V comes out I will have it. The game will smash all records after all the leaked info on the maps point towards a return to los santos and a massive map.

On the subject of Gta V. Rockstar have released a parody on scientology which was a promo for san andreas, the Epsilon Program. I love the Rockstar parody sites for in the games. Who can ever forget Tw@ the internet cafe.

http://epsilonprogram.com/

So it begins....

Back