• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Just getting around to playing a few titles. Working my way through Saints Row 3 (blowing me away so far), AC Revelations (better than I thought based on other peoples' impressions), and Dead Rising 2 (really not that great).

Just getting around to playing a few titles. Working my way through Saints Row 3 (blowing me away so far), AC Revelations (better than I thought based on other peoples' impressions), and Dead Rising 2 (really not that great).

Saints row 3 is good and Dead Rising 2 is such a shocking game I really am not a fan of it

I dont really see much difference between Dead Rising 2 and the original, neither are going to win any awards for their storyline but both are perfectly fine for wasting a bit of time with some mindless fun, especially entertaining playing online with a mate.

Just picked up a gold ps3 controller from asda for £40 and the olympics game for £29. I needed an extra controller. The olympics game seems like it is more fun to play with friends than on your own

I beat Fallout: New Vegas over the weekend. Fun game.

I beat Fallout: New Vegas over the weekend. Fun game.

It really is a good game.

I've played a bit of the Olympics game. I like it and think it is a good game. The gameplay is good. It just seems like there is nothing dragging me back to it though once I turn it off. I still believe this is the best game for when you have family or mates over. Crack open a few beers and have a laugh

The olympics video games will never ever beat the mighty Hyper Sports arcade games, true classics.

I loved Olympic Gold on the Megadrive. I was ace at the hammer throwing. But my mate was utterly unbeatable on pole vault.

I had an athletics/olympics game once, possibly Sydney 2000, ruined many a pair of socks using the technique i developed for swiping across the 'O' and 'X' buttons as quickly as possible.

I had an athletics/olympics game once, possibly Sydney 2000, ruined many a pair of socks using the technique i developed for swiping across the 'O' and 'X' buttons as quickly as possible.

You played computer games with your toes?

This one has no button mashing like the 2008 game did :(

The PS1 track and field games were quite good, but the Olympic spin offs have always been pretty poor, not played this years though.

As Guard Dog said they are however a lot more fun if you have got someone to compete against rather than just the cpu.

The PS1 track and field games were quite good, but the Olympic spin offs have always been pretty poor, not played this years though.

As Guard Dog said they are however a lot more fun if you have got someone to compete against rather than just the cpu.

Example for you. CPU on easy (javelin) 54m, me 85M Medium. Cpu: 64m me: 86M Hard. Cpu: 79m me: 92m hmmm... Hardly a challenge that

I may well have tried, me and my mate went through plenty of ideas trying to find best way to ruin a controller.

Beijing 2008. I have 7 ps3 controllers 3 are ruined because of that game.

Multiplayer is a must in these games, I would imagine an online version would be quite good taking on other people from around the world.

I developed a sort of skimming method on T&F1 which allowed me to run the 100 metres in about 8 seconds, drove my brother mad.

Multiplayer is a must in these games, I would imagine an online version would be quite good taking on other people from around the world.

I developed a sort of skimming method on T&F1 which allowed me to run the 100 metres in about 8 seconds, drove my brother mad.
Is there not a medal/leaderboard system? I would think something like the World Cup 2010 game had would be pretty easy to implement.

Is there not a medal/leaderboard system? I would think something like the World Cup 2010 game had would be pretty easy to implement.

The leaderboard system is literally all the WR's people have set and thats it.

These Batman games are awesome, except the boss missions which piss me off and make me want to chuck it out the window.

Back