• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Yeah its absolutely fine, its a nice big screen. Mario Kart and Mario 3D world are great just using the pad. Obviously you can't do that with some games.
Just saw a video with Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii I think) that can only use the remote and not the gamepad. So will all Wii U games and virtual console games be played off the Dpad ?

Even though you hated the last South Park game?

I warmed to it in the end but by the looks of the gameplay demo's they've improved the flaws and upped the stupidity of the story.

Just saw a video with Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii I think) that can only use the remote and not the gamepad. So will all Wii U games and virtual console games be played off the Dpad ?

Wii games don't use the game pad, Wii U games do. I'm not sure how Virtual Console works though. There are a few games such as the party ones that require the TV.

Of the Wii U games I've got, the following can be played without a telly:

Mario Kart 8
Super Mario 3D World
Scribblenauts Unlimited
FIFA 13
Super Smash Bros U

Well the top two will keep me interested for a little while.. I'll do a bit of googling thanks Langers..

Both are awesome mate. I bought the DLC tracks for Mario Kart as well. Bargainous - 16 extra tracks and about 6 new characters for £11, and they're great.

Wii games don't use the game pad, Wii U games do. I'm not sure how Virtual Console works though. There are a few games such as the party ones that require the TV.

Of the Wii U games I've got, the following can be played without a telly:

Mario Kart 8
Super Mario 3D World
Scribblenauts Unlimited
FIFA 13
Super Smash Bros U

ZombiU and New Super Mario U can be too.

Gran Turismo Sport looks really good too.

No, James changed the subject mid-post. I assume to something from E3?

Anyway, who needs Gran Turismo when you've got Mario Kart?!

You'll bloody love this one. Half the tracks are HD remakes of old maps across all previous MK games.

Oh lord I want to get one tomorrow, just short of a few quid for a week or so lol..

Loved every single Mario Kart since the SNES..
SNES and N64 are the best by far. The rest since have been meh. Especially the control of the kart on the Wii ones. It was spot on in those two I mentioned as you could really control precisely the amount of slide and turning, now it's a slippy slidy, hoppy mess.

SNES and N64 are the best by far. The rest since have been meh. Especially the control of the kart on the Wii ones. It was spot on in those two I mentioned as you could really control precisely the amount of slide and turning, now it's a slippy slidy, hoppy mess.

You can on the Wii U - you don't have to use motion based controls.

It's still nowhere near as good or driveable.

Ah, Mario Kart. So many nights spent playing Drinking and Driving with Double Dash

Brings a wistful tear to the eye, it does.

N64 was slightly better IMO although the SNES multiplayer battle mode kicked arse.

It did though I used to regularly play 3-player battle on Block Fort on the N64 and that was awesome. Like battle on the SNES but offering different height levels.

Late to the party here, but very excited about Battlefield 1 and everything I've seen so far looks great.

In contrast, I showed the video Langers had posted on an earlier page (the one wit 45 minutes of gameplay footage) to a mate of mine earlier and he said it needs to be more tactical and slow paced for it to work as a WW1 shooter. He said at the moment it looks like the same game as previous efforts but reskinned with better graphics and that the gameplay and setting don't really gel.

Discuss.

(I never had a SNES).
Good grief. That's tantamount to child abuse.

Super Mario World
Super Mario Kart
Street Fighter 2
Zelda: A Link To The Past
Mystical Ninja
F-Zero
Starfox

Anyone who hasn't played those games has missed out BIG time.

Back