• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

ba6etabe.jpg

Good. No heart.

I shall be purchasing this regardless - looking forward to back to back promotions with Wolves!

Steam > Consoles. This sale is brilliant haha.

Loved Borderlands 2, had a blast last night on it.

It's highlighted one bad thing though - I can't use the mouse and keys for shit...

After I finished playing I noticed it was fully-controller-compatible, so, unless I can learn it quick, I cba with the mouse/keys.

I really was crap with it, I was failing at using 'R' to reload, and hell they didn't even introduce me to that many Keys yet, I have no idea how people manage it in full....

Mouse with WASD + R, shift, space, and ctrl are the cornerstones of nearly all PC gaming. Took me a number of hours to get accustom after being used to consoles (oh so many years ago), and a number more to get really good, but there's no comparison. If you're going to do any amount of PC gaming best learn sooner than later, not everything has controller support.

Having said that if Borderlands 2 is all you care about, play it in whatever way makes it enjoyable.

Was just about to edit my post then you replied.

Yes - I have seen the list of games with full-support, which tempted me into giving up now on it.

I'm going to look at which fingers people use with which.

EDIT: Don't you dare.

WS = middle
A/Tab = ring
D/R = index
Space = thumb
ctrl/shift = pinky

What'd I do?!

Cheers! And the random other keys nearby, how'd you use them?

And no not you mate, I meant the easy fnarr that I left above.

Oh, hah, good call. I guess my mind is just out of the gutter compared to the rest of you perverted lot, hadn't even noticed. ; )

For other random keys, unless it's something directly near the other fingers like 1, 2, Q, or Z (which belong to ring/middle), it's generally the index fingers job.

Last edited:
Thanks bud.

I have/want a few games that aren't compatible so I've got to get used to it, simply put!

Knights of the Old Republic II for $3. Yes please.

Might have to get in on that, even though I already own it for 360.

Everyone get Castle Crashers and Natural Selection! :)

The next Lego game, out on 18th October:

nyha2e5e.jpg

The Lego Wiki is called Brickipedia! :icon_lol:

There was a preview of that on The Blurb a few weeks ago. Looked very cool.

Best vote of the Steam sale so far:

Bioshock: Infinite
Tomb Raider
Skyrim Legendary Edition (includes Hearthfire, Dawnguard & Dragonborn)

I went for Skyrim as I have the other two and would love Skyrim and the DLC on the PC. Seeing as I already forked out top dollar for it all on the XBox it would be nice to get it at sale price for the PC.

Why would you play Skyrim all over again on a new platform?

Back