• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

The Solstheim dlc certainly affects my ps3, particularly in the town itself. I can play for 3 hours or so before serious slowdown kicks in.

I just started it the other day. S'ok so far.

I have to say the Crysis games look awesome. Not gonna bother with 2, but I've seen 3 for £9.58 online. That's a bit tempting. Will probably wait for the new PC to get here first.

Crysis 3 is a great game, I haven't finished it yet but it's thoroughly enjoyable.

My mate said that apparently 4 of the most expensive GFX cards all running in tandem still couldn't handle Crysis 3 at maximum settings and the highest resolution!

Meaning 4k resolution? GPUs aren't very good running in tri-SLI anyway let alone quad-SLI, it degrades performance so I wouldn't be surprised.

I'd love to see the framerates two GeForce Titans in SLI could put out!

Basically, how many frames per second two of the most expensive graphics cards you can buy, running side by side in the same PC in a sort of "dual mode" (SLI) could run games at smoothly. The less graphically demanding a game is, the higher FPS you can achieve and the smoother the game looks.

360 games run at 30fps. Some Xbox One games will reportedly run at 60fps. Most PC gamers aim for 60fps with the settings as high as possible.

How does one check what FPS one is getting on Steam?

My mate has the framerate showing in the top left corner in real time. Not sure if it's a feature of his gfx card or a standalone program. I'll ask him.

Cheers - Might be interesting.

Also, can anyone tell me which 4 games are on flash-sale and which game is on community-choice currently?

I can't access it from here. But if it's anything on my Wishlist, I will [attempt] to use the awful phone signal here to get on.

Download MSI Afterburner. It lets you control fan speeds, overclock your card (if you really want to) amongst other stuff, but it also lets you monitor your card's temperature and framrates. You can lock them into the notification area too so if you're gaming in windowed mode you can keep an eye on them, but if you game in full screen Afterburner creates a realtime graph which monitors your framerates and temperatures for you to check on when you've finished.

Also, can anyone tell me which 4 games are on flash-sale and which game is on community-choice currently?

Flash Sale:

Defiance
Half Life 2
Torchlight 2
Music Creator 6

Community Choice:

Surgeon Simulator

God dammit the missus wanted Surgeon Simulator.

Thanks - and I WILL try that program :)

Just logged into the steam store via browser to grab surgeon simulator, thanks for the heads up.

When I got my graphics card through the post off Maplin last week it was supposed to come with Assassins Creed 3 free, but there was nothing in the box. Emailed them and they had no stock of it so they sent me Metro: Last Light instead which is a much newer game. Just had it through today. Was going to sell it but I liked the look of it and redeemed it!

It knocked another £27.99 (Current Steam price) off the price of my card anyway meaning it only cost me £90.

Download MSI Afterburner. It lets you control fan speeds, overclock your card (if you really want to) amongst other stuff, but it also lets you monitor your card's temperature and framrates. You can lock them into the notification area too so if you're gaming in windowed mode you can keep an eye on them, but if you game in full screen Afterburner creates a realtime graph which monitors your framerates and temperatures for you to check on when you've finished.

Apparently my mate uses FRAPS.

Back