• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Picked up Deadlight for £2.49, finally one I voted for won and it looks like a great little game. Also got Remember Me for £17.99, I've had that on my wishlist since pre-release so it was really good to see that one go on sale.

Deadlight looks really good, might get it for £2.49 tbh. Dishonored is the one I'm waiting for, was on the vote to come down to a fiver but didn't win and hasn't reappeared yet :(

If you haven't got Fallout New Vegas then I suggest you buy it NOW.
Just under £3 for 100's of hours of top class gaming.

Fallout New Vegas is brilliant. Every bit as good as Skyrim IMO. It's worth getting for the gang of Elvis impersonators' storyline alone!

Fallout: NV is fantastic. $2.50 earlier! Unbelievable price. For those of you wanting to play Fallout, I'd definitely recommend NV over Fallout 3, which was also on sale. Much more refined and fun to play.

Fallout 2 on the other hand, still worth playing. Completely different style. One of my most favorite games ever.

So even if I dont' think I'll particularly enjoy it, should I go ahead and get it?

Unless $2.50 is going to break the bank, I'm not sure the question is even worth asking. ; )

If you like big-world, story driven, side-quest-aplenty RPG with FPS elements, I can't imagine why you wouldn't like it. If you absolutely loathe Skyrim, Mass Effect, etc. don't bother.

Hm. I dunno. Something about post-apocalypse just doesn't appeal to me in that setting. Wasn't a huge fan of RDR, either. Open worlds (like GTA style open) tend to bore me. ADD, I guess.

For those curious, Dark Souls is absolutely amazing. Buy it.

Deadlight looks really good, might get it for £2.49 tbh. Dishonored is the one I'm waiting for, was on the vote to come down to a fiver but didn't win and hasn't reappeared yet :(
That's what I'm waiting for as well. although I did buy Sim City 4 for £2.49 yesterday.

I'm bloody hopeless with Steam sales, go into them thinking "haven't played the games from last time, so I'll by nowt this time"... bought 5 games so far.

As soon as I can tear myself away from Battlefield 3 multiplayer I will mate. Shouldn't be long as I'm shit at it.

Stick with it Booz, it'll be worth it, that's exactly how I felt, but now although I'm not the top player every game, I'm getting 20+ kills a game, so just takes a bit of getting used to.

Stick with it Booz, it'll be worth it, that's exactly how I felt, but now although I'm not the top player every game, I'm getting 20+ kills a game, so just takes a bit of getting used to.

What's your Origin ID mate? I'll add you and join squads if you're ever on. I have only been playing it for three days so far so I suppose it'll take some practice.

What's your Origin ID mate? I'll add you and join squads if you're ever on. I have only been playing it for three days so far so I suppose it'll take some practice.

It's not my account I play on, brother bought it and doesn't use it so I've been using his account to play it. That's all it is, suppose it's like it for everyone just that most of the people have played it for ages and are shit hot at it! You using a K/M combo or a controller?

I've hardly touched my Xbox recently and noticed how many games I have which I've still got tons of things to play through!

Arkham City - I think I have some DLC to play which I've not started
Skyrim - I didn't finish Dawnguard and never bought the last big DLC
Dishonoured - not started
Lego LOTR - need to get 100%
Lego Harry Potter 2 - need to get 100%
Transformers: FOC - collectables still to get
Tomb Raider - collectables still to get
Guitar Hero 6 - not started
Rocksmith - hardly played for months

I haven't touched Black Ops 2 for a long time either, but TBH I don't miss it because it makes me VERY angry indeed!! I might even trade it in. I might not bother with the next CoD game as I'm starting to get pissed off with them, and the nobheads you face online.

Not a massive amount of games coming out that I've got my eye on with the exception of FIFA 14 and GTA V.

Basically, I don't think there's any need for me to think about getting one of the new consoles any time soon.

How are you going to find the time to play them? I'm lucky if I get six hours a week to myself after taking into account work, sleep, chores, family, etc :(

It's not my account I play on, brother bought it and doesn't use it so I've been using his account to play it. That's all it is, suppose it's like it for everyone just that most of the people have played it for ages and are shit hot at it! You using a K/M combo or a controller?

K/M combo for FPS and ground vehicles, controller for aircraft. That's if I remember to turn my controller on before I load the game, otherwise it doesn't work so I just go gunner then if I can.

How are you going to find the time to play them? I'm lucky if I get six hours a week to myself after taking into account work, sleep, chores, family, etc :(

I won't!! It's been a bit manic lately so I've not found much time at all but when I do, I've no idea which to go for first.

K/M combo for FPS and ground vehicles, controller for aircraft. That's if I remember to turn my controller on before I load the game, otherwise it doesn't work so I just go gunner then if I can.

Finding it a bit difficult to use K/M after using a controller at all?

Finding it a bit difficult to use K/M after using a controller at all?

Not really, I've been using K/M for years really with Max Payne, Wolfenstein, CoD etc I'm just nowhere near as quick as most people as it's not second nature. I think K/M is actually easier in FPS mode than a controller to be honest.

Not really, I've been using K/M for years really with Max Payne, Wolfenstein, CoD etc I'm just nowhere near as quick as most people as it's not second nature. I think K/M is actually easier in FPS mode than a controller to be honest.

Ahh right, yeah that's the thing, some people only ever play B3 so they're used to it, but when you've been used to other games, it takes some getting used to. It's my first time using K/M on a game so it'll take me a while, just finished a round where for the first time I had more kills than deaths.

I think I've only ever had even kills/deaths once, that's the best I've done. I'm just trying to work my way through the unlocks and assignments really, anything beyond that is a bonus.

Back