• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

MoH is a bag of $#@!e! So that will be traded in and will be going towards AC III on Wednesday, happy days.

They've tainted MoH in recent years I think, it used to be a classic game that was way better than others of the time but now they are just used as tests for upcoming Battlefield games in my opinion!

I wouldn't mind getting Assassin's Creed III, I have all the others so! :)

They've tainted MoH in recent years I think, it used to be a classic game that was way better than others of the time but now they are just used as tests for upcoming Battlefield games in my opinion!

I wouldn't mind getting Assassin's Creed III, I have all the others so! :)

Completely agree, the old world war ones were great imo, think Frostbite 2 has gone backwards, the old Frostbite engine they had on Bad Company 2 was much more playable.

Same here, bar having the rest, I've played them all, even got the full 1000 gamescore/platinum on AC2.

I got 1000G on AC2 as well. Proud moment. Almost as good as my 1000G on Skyrim!

I got 1000G on AC2 as well. Proud moment. Almost as good as my 1000G on Skyrim!

The one that was most annoying for me, was either the throw sand in guards faces, or the leg sweep so many guards with the long weapon, that took me ages! 1000G on Skyrim is very impressive!

This is the main reason why I think the Wii u won't flop

Looks good. Got mine pre-ordered. Missus won't let me have before Xmas day though.

I can't pre-order because I can get it on a staff discount :charge:

Also Amazon are sold out by the looks of it

LA Noire is £6.66 pre owned at game online.

Gta V is coming out spring 2013

and Gta vice city is 10 years old today.

ACIII review scores not as high as I'd thought - mainly around the 8/10 mark. Still going on my list though as I enjoy the series.

534514_10151314359580097_1291978157_n.jpg

Rockstar unveils the new iFruit. Taking the piss of Apple? I love the look of this game already :)

534514_10151314359580097_1291978157_n.jpg

Rockstar unveils the new iFruit. Taking the piss of Apple? I love the look of this game already :)

I love that poster Rockstar know how to take the piss.

ACIII review scores not as high as I'd thought - mainly around the 8/10 mark. Still going on my list though as I enjoy the series.

I was shocked about the same with the Vita. I think sites like Ign can hurt a games momentum. Some games that are well crap are given high reviews because of the brand I.e Call of doody others like Heavenly sword, Which was a really fun and good game were given crap scores and not many people go out and buy them. Do people see where I'm coming from here...

But games sites no longer have any need to give overly positive reviews any more - a lot of the contentious scores were because they were given early copies and as a thank you, they'd post an early review giving utterly shit games really high scores.

Games companies now insist on review embargoes for the big releases so you'll find a lot of the reviews are a lot more honest.

It doesn't happen all the time but it's a lot better than it used to be. I don't find myself disagreeing with a review anywhere near as much as I used to.

At the end of the day, you need to make your own mind up about games. I tend to pick up features of a game in a review that may decide whether I purchase or not - I don't listen to their opinions on whether it's good or bad as much. Case in point: Transformers. Didn't get amazing scores, lots of 'it isn't as good as x, y or z' but telling me some of the features about it was enough to convince me to buy it.

And of course - playing a demo via XBL/PSN is the best way to find out if it's for you or not.

Agreed 100% langers.

IGN are extremely crap with reviews recently and general news. It's mainly doom and gloom at the moment from them. Look at them bigging the Vita then saying a week or 2 later it will fall flat on it's face, when they were bigging it up so so much. I'm sure they'll slate the wii u just before it launches but I'd rather play it and see what it is like before judging.

The one thing I will say about them is they so some quite decent walkthroughs of some games, especially the lego games.

Back