• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Fifa demo finally available on PSN. Looking like a surprisingly quick download too.

Got both the FIFA and F1 demos an enjoy both.

Same problems abound the game still. It expects you to do everything and control everyone particularly defensively. Changing player is to slow, meaning your players run away from the ball the moment you change to them carrying the momentum from the player you were previously in charge of.

Plus Messi is all over the game yet Barca not in the demo?

Last edited:
Got both the FIFA and F1 demos an enjoy both.
I liked the F1 demo too. Particularly being able to use KERS and DRS, even if KERS is annoyingly set on LB. You can change that though. X was my preference.

I managed to stick my Williams on pole at Monza on medium settings, then crashed and finished 9th.

I actually found the PES 13 demo quite playable too.

I actually found the PES 13 demo quite playable too.

As did I.

I'm probably not being objective with FIFA having gone in with the same mindset I have from playing and eventually coming to hate 12.

It still has an annoying amount of lag though, especially when trying to do through balls or close control to dribble round players.

The Wii U release date will be announced tomorrow and the price scheme. If it's more than £220 I will not be buying it

I've already seen it at £280 at places online.

Most places online offer quite high and lower them when announced

The Wii U apparently is only just as powerful as a Ps3 Imagine when the Ps4 comes out. The wii u will be mega underpowered compared to the ps4 just like the wii compared to the ps3.

The Wii U apparently is only just as powerful as a Ps3 Imagine when the Ps4 comes out. The wii u will be mega underpowered compared to the ps4 just like the wii compared to the ps3.

Completely pointless comparing the two.

Completely pointless comparing the two.

Exactly but when they announce it tomorrow guarantee thats all you will real about the Wii U. The comparison. I can understand between the new xbox and the ps4 but the wii u will be good till the next xbox and ps4 comes out

The Wii U will always be different as they always have the more cartoony games like Mario, Zelda and Pokemon. I hope its about £200ish and will try and get one for xmas for the kids.

I'll get one if it's cheap. The Cartoony games do need matching with some stellar titles. However I do like the look of Zombie U. Nintendo need to get the Wii U right otherwise it will flop mega fast

Nintendo need to get the Wii U right otherwise it will flop mega fast

Why do you think that? The Wii has been extremely successful and I can't see Nintendo letting a flop hit the shelves, especially how long it's been since the Wii was released.

Why do you think that? The Wii has been extremely successful and I can't see Nintendo letting a flop hit the shelves, especially how long it's been since the Wii was released.

The Wii is no where near as popular as it was. Playstation seem to have the momentum at the moment. However Nintendo cannot keep chucking gimmicks at their consoles they need to back it up with top games and not crap versions of games I.e Fifa 13 will be the Fifa 12 version.

Nintendo offer an alternative to Playstation and Xbox, and it's a popular alternative.

I don't think it's in such direct competition as Microsoft v Sony - it's an ever so slightly different market.

I think langers they do aim for sony and Microsoft and have whipped them for the last 6 years. 3ds is whipping vita but the 3ds didn't have a good start so the vita will catch up.

The Wii u will sell well. I keep saying this but it needs stellar games

The Wii is no where near as popular as it was.

Pretty 'safe' argument to make given the age of the console, but the Wii actually outstripped the 360 and PS3 in sales right up until the turn of 2011 (especially at key points of the year). At the end of 2011 it was only selling just over 2,000,000 units less than the same time twelve months previous (nearly 6,000,000 units sold worldwide). In May 2012 the Wii outsold the Vita in Japan by over 5,000 units, and that's some going in Japan given their love for everything Sony. Only in the first two quarters of this year has it really shown any major signs of declines in sales.

Back