• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I keep meaning to buy it but still haven't got round to finishing the first one after five years or so. I still love the Wii, I wouldn't get rid of it, and I'd love to have fit Lego Batman into my top ten.

I'm positively moist about Lego Lord of the Rings coming out soon.

I need to get Lego Batman 2, although I'm not keen on all of the other heroes being in it. The first one was perfect as it was.

1 Oblivion
2 Red Dead Redemption
3 Skyrim
4 Mass Effect 2
5 Half Life 2
6 Gothic 2
7 Half Life
8 The Witcher
9 Fallout New Vegas
10 GTA IV

Honerable Mention - Plants Vs Zombies

I need to get Lego Batman 2, although I'm not keen on all of the other heroes being in it. The first one was perfect as it was.

Let me know when you want to buy it and you can have it off me. My copy is sitting there doing nothing now as it's 100% complete. Still in mint condition too.

In no real particular order

Team Fortress 2
Counter Strike Source
Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Tomb Raider 2
Halo
Elder Scrolls Morrowind
Super Mario Bros 3
GTA 3
Red Dead Redemption

So many other games I could put in the top 10 on another day.

Someone else who likes HL2! Awesome :) Have you heard about the re-make of Half-Life? It's about 2 days away from release for free on steam I think, called Black Mesa http://www.blackmesasource.com/

On another note,
I love Rockstar :)

No particular order except the first 3:

1. Fallout 3
2. Halo 3
3. Spiderman 2
4. Mass Effect 2
5. Ico
6. Gran Turismo 5
7. Batman Arkham Asylum
8. Uncharted 3
9. GTA: San Andreas
10. Red Dead Redemption

Top ten games (possibly in order):

1: Skyrim
2: Batman: Arkham City
3: Batman: Arkham Asylum
4: MarioKart Wii
5: Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare
6: Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
7: Mario 64
8: Need For Speed: Underground
9: Splinter Cell
10: Goldeneye

Much love for Star Wars Rogue Squadron. That whole series is gold

No particular order as well

1) Persona 3 (see avatar)
2) Star Ocean Till the End of Time
3) Final Fantasy VIII
4) FIFA 11/12/13
5) Skies of Arcadia
6) Tales of Symphonia
7) Mega Man Legends
8) Kingdom Hearts
9) Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
10) I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch of N64 games

Wow 6 out of 9 of those are JRPGS.

Let me know when you want to buy it and you can have it off me. My copy is sitting there doing nothing now as it's 100% complete. Still in mint condition too.

For the Wii? How much do you want for it?

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time was another one I'd have liked to fit on my list.

I'm really enjoying Transformers now.

The gameplay is surprisingly varied at times - the Cliffjumper/Jazz levels owe a LOT to Arkham Asylum/City with stealth and grappling being used (albeit not as convincingly - still fun though).

There's still a lot of intense shooting which shows off some brilliant weapons, and although it's certainly not an absolute masterpiece there's plenty to keep you coming back.

Especially if you love Transformers. Is it sad that I STILL know all of their names due to being utterly obsessed with it during the 1980's?

Bandy - what's multiplayer like and how does it work?

A bloke at work has been on about Transformers and says it's really good. The new one is supposed to look amazing, so I may have to pick them up.

A bloke at work has been on about Transformers and says it's really good. The new one is supposed to look amazing, so I may have to pick them up.

It's very good fun.

Metroplex is brilliant!

I used to love COD although since COD2 its been gradually getting worse, I loved COD4 but the introduction of perks and noob friendly gameplay made it not worth bothering with. The last COD installment was so bad I played it for a week then never touched it again.

My newest addiction is the greatest RTS of all time Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (which is old now and only costs £6) its a very hard game to play but awesome online and the community is growing, which is amazing for such an old game. If anyone fancies giving it a bash make sure you go online to Forged Alliance Forever as the old GPG server no longer works.

I like FIFA too and the demo so far has me excited, it almost feels like PES in the glory days but with the graphics & commentry to support. I can't wait for the full game now that will be great to play.

Langers. Multiplayer is really nicely done. I've only played team deathmatch and capture the flag. You earn xp/money to change your transformer and buy weapon/armour upgrades.

Is there a Gears-style Horde mode as well?

Not that I've noticed but it might be under co-op settings.

Back