• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Boozy boo we cannot bring Japan in to the conversation but the vita sales were piss poor in Japan. They gave them an awesome launch lineup of western games. The Japanese like their weird and wonderful games not nathan drake and F1.

The wii sales were strong but honestly who brought one to play games when bored or just for when mates are over for a piss up?

Boozy boo we cannot bring Japan in to the conversation but the vita sales were piss poor in Japan.

Why on earth can't you bring Japan into the conversation (and then mention them anyway)? All of the figures and points I made were regarding worldwide sales, all bar the one.

The Wii also saw sales from families who had never before owned a games console.

Japan are a strange strange territory to judge though.

The wii u has the strange games and may do well in Japan but I won't hold my breathe on it.

Strangest argument ever.

Are you really surprised.

Anyway we'll find out the price, release date and launch titles tomorrow.

I rekon it will be about November 16th for release

Priced between £200 - £250

Nintendo have never ever tried to compete graphics wise with other consoles. They have always been about game playability first and foremost.

That said the Wii U does sound like it will have decent graphics from ehat I've read. The lroblem is now the novelty of Wii consoles has worn off so they're having to reinvent another control device again with the screen in it. Controllers are what Nintendo do best but I can't see it being a success personally. Especially if it's £250+.

Is there any news on the new Xbox and what specs it will have?

Nintendo have never ever tried to compete graphics wise with other consoles. They have always been about game playability first and foremost.

That said the Wii U does sound like it will have decent graphics from ehat I've read. The lroblem is now the novelty of Wii consoles has worn off so they're having to reinvent another control device again with the screen in it. Controllers are what Nintendo do best but I can't see it being a success personally. Especially if it's £250+.

Is there any news on the new Xbox and what specs it will have?

Agreed with you Bear.

Codenamed Durango

Release: late 2013 - mid 2014

Apparently Used games cannot be played on it.

Click on the link for the patents that were made about the new xbox http://blog.gadgethelpline.com/microsoft-xbox-720-patent-leaks-3d-projection-environment-kinect-2/

Also it is rumoured to be delayed due to manufacturing problems.

Also it will have a blu ray drive and the power will match the ps4.
Rumours eh...

A lad at work has been told to wait for the new Xbox before buying one by one of his gaming mates. I said he may as well buy one now around Christmas when the offers come out instead of waiting as I doubt the new one will be revolutionarily different.

I think they will be 'revolutionary' different as most new consoles are. I also think we're looking at spring 2014.

If they are not backwards compatible then that would be stupid.

If they can't play used games as well that will be a huge mistake.

I think they will be 'revolutionary' different as most new consoles are. I also think we're looking at spring 2014.

If they are not backwards compatible then that would be stupid.

I'd bet that you CAN play Xbox 360 games on the new Xbox, but via download only. I also don't think we'll see anything before summer 2014. The 360 still has a hell of a lot of life left.

I'd bet that you CAN play Xbox 360 games on the new Xbox, but via download only. I also don't think we'll see anything before summer 2014. The 360 still has a hell of a lot of life left.

same with the ps3. Did you know Langers Ps2 consoles and games are still being made and selling.

Unlike the Xbox which is now dead.

Surly it is too soon for a ps4 and the new xbox but saying that the ps3 is 6 years old and the xbox is 7 years old. It's around that time they bring the new consoles out.

same with the ps3. Did you know Langers Ps2 consoles and games are still being made and selling.

Surly it is too soon for a ps4

Yes I did know that. But if they think the technology is around that could warrant making a new console, and if they think it'd sell, they'll make them.

I also predict a fourth major player will enter the industry in the next generation - Apple.

I don't think it will be Apple, I predict it will be Steam.

Or in fact Ouya looks interesting. I've even thought about OnLive after it was all about streaming games and very cheap for a console.

I'm guessing you didn't play f1 2011 then, Bear?

The handling is much different, I'm not sure how to describe it but I prefer it even if its more difficult.

I found the menus pretty hard to navigate, I just ended up in a race weekend at Monza after jabbing x a few times.

Yes I did know that. But if they think the technology is around that could warrant making a new console, and if they think it'd sell, they'll make them.

True Langers.

The technology of the Ps3 is way behind now and the xbox is futher behind. The ps4 will need to be brilliant to avoid losing to microsoft.

Free online play will be a must for the ps4

Back