• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I didn't get 2011 no.

Yeah the menus were shite. Very uninstinctive and I had no idea what was going on until I noticed the Start Session message.

The steering a bit twitchy to me. A tiny input would make a big turn.

Free online play will be a must for the ps4

The success of Xbox Live means this isn't necessarily going to be the case. I've no problem paying the £30 or so a year for XBL as it's such a good service. Sony need to concentrate on getting those exclusive deals with the big developers to try and match how well Microsoft have done in that aspect.

I have both but never play my PS3 online, because I know that 95% of the time, the games I want to play online will be out first on XBL. Sometimes by a good month or so. And the updates take far less time.

If Sony ploughed more time and money into PSN and made it worth paying for, I think that would improve things considerably.

I got to admit, the biggest gripe I have with PS3 is the updates. Seriously, when I bought GT5 it took me 4 hours to download the fucking updates on release day!!! After that day I lost all respect for PS3. Xbox updates generally take 2/3 mins. There is nothing worse than buying your kid a game on PS3 and then having to wait 2 hours for updates. KIDS DON'T WAIT!

Gt5 updates are rediculous Bandy. The game is already on a 3gig install then a futher 3 gig in updates takes the piss.

Langers Sony have piled money in to the psn however it has fell flat on it's face. Mainly because not many people trust the psn after last years hack.

Sony really need to get a grip and realise we do not want Playstation Home. We want good games and less fooking updates

The one good thing Playstation does is Playstation+. £10/month for free games is ridiculous and worthy of my money. If xbox did it I think it could possibly take Playstation down a few pegs.

I agree with you Bandy. However playstation will earn some cred back when cross game chat comes in to the ps4 and background updates will start to appear. That would make the psn so much better

Got my adapter - I am now wireless! \o/

Just have to sort out a 12-month subscription which I'll probably do tonight. Time to take the 10m long ethernet cable down which will do doubt make my wife happy!!

Got my adapter - I am now wireless! \o/

Just have to sort out a 12-month subscription which I'll probably do tonight. Time to take the 10m long ethernet cable down which will do doubt make my wife happy!!

12 months isn't that much anymore, around £24, sure I saw one on hot deals the other day.

12 months isn't that much anymore, around £24, sure I saw one on hot deals the other day.

Yeah, there's a company called Electronic First (or something like that) who email you codes for about £26. Plenty to choose from, but I've got more work to do after faffing with the adapter over my lunch break!

But anyway, I'll be back online properly very soon.

I haven't even bothered with a Gold account, I just download Skyrim and Batman add-ons and demos.

PS3 Update problem solution:-

Insert disc
PS3 - "Game has an update waiting. Do you want to download it now? (Y/N)"
If "N" - then play game without update.

How easy would that be? It's what happens on the PC - it's not difficult. Sony must know that it drives people insane, but what do they do about it?
That's why this will be my last Sony console.

Just had a quick go on the FIFA demo, preferred it to last years without doubt, some of the movement off the ball is much better, doesn't feel as sluggish as it used to and managed to do a reasonable job of defending despite having no memory of the new defensive controls they introduced last year, honourable mention to Hummels for that success.

Still think i'll be playing PES more but i wont feel so aggrieved when i end up round a mates house and they stick FIFA on.

But the AI in Forza 4 (not 3) isn't exactly stellar is it?

And no way Gran Turimo 6 comes out in 2013. This is Gran Turismo we're talking about :p

Plus the fact they never do any night racing is criminal.

Gran Turismo 6 will be on the ps4 and will have 2,000 cars and in that it includes 50 versions of the Mx5

Wii U released on November 18th in america

Basic set: 8gb memory and controller + console in white. $299.99

Deluxe set: 32gb memory and nintendo land game. Console stand and charging stand. Black console + Black controller. $349.99

Presuming the same will be for the uk except the pricing

Competitive pricing aswell. I reckon premium console will sell for £220. Is it backwards compatible?

I rekon the premium console will sell for £300 It is just written in the stars

Nintendo detailed a new feature on the Wii U this morning: Nintendo TVii.

Nintendo TVii will allow you to watch Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon streaming, live programs or TiVoed shows through your Wii U. It takes the controller of the Wii U and makes it into a full-service remote control, as well as allowing for social watching with others.

At least that will bring it forward with the times.

At least that will bring it forward with the times.

Possibly the best thing they could add.

According to Nintendo Europe on twitter. If you don't want Nintendo land bundled you can have Zombie U bundled which attracts it for me

Back