• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

2:20 Wintered Well who bumped into a progressive horse in Portway Flyer last time will take all the beating as the latter has gone on and won two races with ease. This handicap is a lot weaker so Wintered Well is banker material.

Hope some were on, just bolted up by a good 10 lengths.

Argh, African Gold falls.

Had high hopes for him this season.

Wintered Well pissed it, but the odds were too short to be worth going on as a single. I've got it in a double with onenightinvienna.

Twiston-Davis tried to push African Gold too hard when he looked like he was going to win easily.

Funny watching a rider punching the ground in anger.

This thread is the one reason why I continue to read on here every day. As from next Saturday I'm looking for 4 people (I'm one) to put their best bet up on Saturday's. I will then have a Lucky 15 on the 4.

1) You must have your bet up by 10.00pm on Fridays

2) If someone tips a horse you must tip something else

3) Once you join please remember to post your tip. Otherwise we'll invite someone to take your place

Ok so the first 3 after this post that declare an interest are the tipsters. If anyone misses a tip I'll put one in for them and ask someone to join the following week. In other words if you miss a week you're out.

It would appear that this has not been the greatest of ideas. However it could be a blessing in disguise as I think over the next 6 months or maybe even longer I'm going to find it harder to post regularly on here.

My bet for tomorrow will be Attaglance each way in the 2.25 Cheltenham. I'm sure slink will put his up as well. I'm sure I'll manage to rustle up a Lucky 15. I'll try to post whenever I can from now on. Will also try to come back for the Cheltenham Festival tipster competition and defend my title. Although if everything is ok I'm planning on going to the first day and then on to Swindon.

I've been too busy in the last couple of weeks and will be over the next month too so I've not had a look for a while.

Attaglance won Penk a bomb at the festival in 2012 didn't he?

I've been too busy in the last couple of weeks and will be over the next month too so I've not had a look for a while.

Attaglance won Penk a bomb at the festival in 2012 didn't he?

A nice £50 each way touch.

My best bet for tomorrow is French Opera in the 1:15 at Cheltenham. Henderson has 4 in it and Geraghty is on Tanks For That but I'm not going to take much notice of that and hope Barry has chosen the wrong one. 14/1 with Skybet at the moment and i think that's well worth a few quid.

In general i'm looking forward to a few runners tomorrow at Cheltenham namely, The New One, Kings Palace and More Of That.

My best bet for tomorrow is French Opera in the 1:15 at Cheltenham. Henderson has 4 in it and Geraghty is on Tanks For That but I'm not going to take much notice of that and hope Barry has chosen the wrong one. 14/1 with Skybet at the moment and i think that's well worth a few quid.

In general i'm looking forward to a few runners tomorrow at Cheltenham namely, The New One, Kings Palace and More Of That.

Thanks slink I now have two for the Lucky 15 anymore suggestions from anyone?

I'm just about to have a look at tomorrow's cards, so I could pick one out. I don't always have a bet so I couldn't be relied on every week.

I'll go for Nadiya De La Vega in the 2:40 at Doncaster. Dropped down in class after a couple of poor performances, but should be too good for the field. Nicky H wouldn't have sent her all the way up there for nothing.

I am on a bad run at the moment but if you need a fourth.
If it gets in as its reserve at the momemt Bailey Dusk in the 1.40 at fairyhouse. If its a no show Seventg Hussar at lingfield in the 12.50

AP is the best around but sometimes that's so frustrating, French Opera ran a cracker to finish second at 16/1 but Eastlake and the champ come to do him after the last.

Kings Palace looks like a real horse, should be right there in the Albert Bartlett at the festival if he stays sound.

Delighted to see Sam Winner first past the post again.

Unlucky with French Opera, slink.

Cheers Nando, i'll take the place money but a bit gutted to see him get so close.

Impressive from The New One, got to the front far too soon but then he had the speed to quicken away again late on. Still think he's the one to beat in the Champion. Zarkandar definitely wants further now and more than likely soft/heavy ground.

Back