• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Happy for Cue Card, he deserves that. Not sure what happened with Bobs Worth, maybe the Hennessey/Gold Cup last year has took it's toll. Hope not and that he just had a problem today.

To see how much that means to Colin Tizzard aswell, brilliant.

I thought I'd share this with you. Cue Card can be backed with BetVictor NRFB for the Gold Cup next season at 25/1. Now I think he may well line up, as I'm convinced he stays 3 miles, the only time he tried he hated the ground at Kempton and I also think he prefers left handed tracks and loves Cheltenham. If he runs he'll be a 6/1 shot or maybe less depending on who turns up. If he doesn't no real harm done.

Posted April 11th. What price now?

The well regarded Moyle Park makes his hurdling debut at Navan 12.25

Jumping wasn't too fluent but a nice performance. Wasn't he favourite for the Champion Bumper at one point?

Jumping wasn't too fluent but a nice performance. Wasn't he favourite for the Champion Bumper at one point?

There was talk of him running, but I don't think he was ever favourite? Don't forget Briar Hill won and then he popped up at Punchestown. As for his jumping for his first time in public I thought it was fine. Don't forget he trounced a horse that had run him close at Punchestown and was having his second start over hurdles.

Cracking performance from Annie Power with two mistakes still beat Zarkander by 6 lengths and will improve for the 1st run of the season which is a scary thought.

Great performance by Cue Card and Murphy if you are holding a 25/1 ticket for the Gold Cup then fair play. However you won't see any of my money at 6/1 as Cheltenham is a total different track at 3 miles 2 furlongs in which Bobsworth just lights up and now he is back at price I'll drip feed at 6/1 until the day.

Moyle Park was given to me last year by a bloke who just concentrates on bumper races. I was impressed for it's 1st time over a fence and had a decent yardstick in Wrath of The Titans behind in 3rd. One to keep on the right side of for sure.

Looking forward to seeing West Wizard over hurdles tomorrow. Holding a 16/1 ticket for the Supreme's and since has gone to 8/1 without racing such is the talk coming out of Severn Barrows.

I've got some 16's on West Wizard too as well as him as part of a few acca's.

Just a reminder that Bet Victor are offering NRFB on all their markets for The Festival. So use them for your ante post bets, if your horse doesn't run at least you can place your bet on something else.

Cheers have started use them just hope they start to open more markets like Bet365. Is there a limit on how much of a free bet stake they would return?

Well that was disappointing!

As I've posted previously. Last seasons Festival bumper I think was a vintage turn out. Sgt Reckless was 13th!!! I would advise everyone to be aware of when any of the field run, especially at Cheltenham and most of all at The Festival.

Cheers have started use them just hope they start to open more markets like Bet365. Is there a limit on how much of a free bet stake they would return?

£50 per horse.

£100 per race, back as many as you like.

£500 maximum for The Festival.

Two things to remember, it does not apply to multiples and once you've backed a horse in one race you can't back it in another. Only the first bet struck on the horse counts for the offer. Unless backed again in the original race.

Last edited:
Happy Families @ 14/1 in the 7.35pm at Kempton is worth a few quid.

Faded badly.

Not unhappy, went off shorter than I put it up on here, which is where I always want to be. Turning for home it looked good, but at the end of the day these things happen.

Yeah, the distance was just a bit much for him.

I assume it's one you follow?

Yeah, the distance was just a bit much for him.

I assume it's one you follow?

Not really, I just love horse racing and probably read and follow it more than football. I just love backing a horse at a price that ends up going off shorter. If you do that all the time you'll never go far wrong.

Looking forward to a couple of races at Newbury tomorrow, I put up Tanerko Emery earlier in this thread and i will stick with him as he should have beaten Raya Star on his chase debut and last time finished a very good 6th in the greatwood after being hampered early on. Wonderful Charm looks like he will be odds on so i might get a half decent price.

Other than that from a purely breeding perspective, Dawalan runs in the first at Newbury for Nicky Henderson and he's a half brother to Dalakhani and Daylami so is bred to be a very good flat horse, he's winless from 4 in that sphere so maybe hurdling will be his thing.

Back