• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Thoughts on the Hennessey?

Struggling to see any value. I might be biased towards Nicholls but I'm not touching Rocky Creek at those prices. Similar with Lord Windermere as I don't think the RSA was a strong race at all.

Maybe Same Difference through loyalty as he dug me out of a hole at Cheltenham

No luck with Tanerko Emery but i will stick with him next time and that will be it if he doesn't win, I'm convinced he will win this season just when it will be.

I'm not confident about anything in the Hennessey Nando, I'm not entirely sure on the novice from from last year and Invictus is coming back from a long lay off. I am a little tempted to stick a bit on Imperial Commander.

Can't see me getting heavily involved tomorrow, if anything jumps out early in the morning I'll post. In the Hennessey my two against the field would be Lord Windermere and Hadrians Approach.

Couldn't take 6/1 on Rocky Creek, but I've nabbled 10/1. A tiny bit on Same Difference too.

Comfortable for My Tent or Yours.

As I said pretty low key day for me yesterday, came out losing which was no surprise. Enjoyed watching the racing re run this morning, highlight for me was Imperial Commander running like a 6 year old, ears pricked until the home turn. So glad he's off back to Ireland safe and sound. I'm looking forward to seeing AP back on At Fishers Cross, I wouldn't write him off just yet. Today I can't help but feel Rule The World is over priced at 4's.

Decided to put some more money in my account and had 1 winner with Value at Risk, Royal Regatta and Eduard.

Anyone for evens about Sprinter Sacre on Saturday?

Due to Nicky's admission today I suppose?

He's not running.

Shame, he was electric last year.

Great news on Sacre as I had already backed Captain Conan and fully expect him to win against this opposition, no problems unless not fully wound up.

No football today, so looking forward to the racing this afternoon. If you fancy a little bet have a stab at Soll in the 3.35 Sand @ 16/1, should go off in front loves the course and jumps well. Two negatives would be, may need the run and the ground may be a concern. 7th in last years National so will stay the trip no problem. Don't go mad but I think you'll have a bit of fun watching the race.

Chance Du Roy wins the Becher but what a run from Baby Run in 2nd after 959 days without a run.

This thread is the one reason why I continue to read on here every day. As from next Saturday I'm looking for 4 people (I'm one) to put their best bet up on Saturday's. I will then have a Lucky 15 on the 4.

1) You must have your bet up by 10.00pm on Fridays

2) If someone tips a horse you must tip something else

3) Once you join please remember to post your tip. Otherwise we'll invite someone to take your place

Ok so the first 3 after this post that declare an interest are the tipsters. If anyone misses a tip I'll put one in for them and ask someone to join the following week. In other words if you miss a week you're out.

I don't see why not Murphy, I'm up for it. Will give me an added reason to find some time to study form.

Away from domestic action there is a cracking card at Sha Tin early tomorrow morning.

A fair few British raiders go in the Hing Kong vase but The Fugue should win as most of the others are better over further and she should have too much speed for them

Both Sole Power and Slade Power along with Jwala go in the sprint and it's hard to see them having an impact as it's over 6f, Slade Power would be my pick to come out the best of them.

Moonlight Cloud, Sky Lantern and Gordon Lord Byron go in the Mile and i hope Moonlight Cloud wins but the ground might be a bit quick for her.

Cirrus Des Aigles, Grandeur and Side Glance go in the Cup but i fancy Military Attack who was called Rave when he raced in Britain and he should have too much for them.

Any thoughts on Uttoxeter today?

2:20 Wintered Well who bumped into a progressive horse in Portway Flyer last time will take all the beating as the latter has gone on and won two races with ease. This handicap is a lot weaker so Wintered Well is banker material.

Back