• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Said i was looking forward to The New One, Kings Palace and More Of That at Cheltenham and all 3 won convincingly. All 3 of them are excellent prospects.

There has to be an underlying issue with At Fishers Cross. Looked a hideous ride again today.

Countrywide Flame has been retired. What a shame that is.

Chatterbox put down too. Eurgh.

Chatterbox had to be put down last night after running in the Ladbroke, thought he'd make a decent chaser someday.

If Cue Card runs as he did in the Betfair then he wins but i'm not so sure he will, i'd be tempted with Al Ferof now it seems Nicholls has got him back right. Those 2 along with Dynaste will be the first 3 home imo.

There's been a lot of debate over whether they really traveled 3m1f in the Betfair and given the rain that's falling now I'd be reluctant to back Cue Card. It'll be a watching brief for me, I don't think there's much value at the front of the market.

I'm not bothering having a bet today. As some of you have said, no value.

I would have backed My Tent Or Yours in the 235, but at 6/5 second favourite what is the point?! The New One was decent last time out too.
Al Ferof in the big one, but 4 favourites all at 4/1?!

MTOY was always going to be very short. It's effectively going to be a two horse race and I'd marginally favor him over The New One today given the nature of the track.

The King George looks like an absolute belter and the more I look, the more I can't decide who to favor. You can make claims for just about everything, so I suppose the prices are fair enough. Paddy Power offering money back if you're second to Cue Card could be decent.

I love the racing over the next few days. Hopefully something will match the Lexus from last year which was the best race I've seen.

That didn't look good for Analifet. Not a nice start to the day.

That didn't look good for Analifet. Not a nice start to the day.

Seen something on twitter that it's not life threatening but will probably end her season.

Fantastic race in the christmas hurdle, My Tent Or Yours beats The New One half a length but what a race. Still with TNO when it comes to the Champion Hurdle as i can't see him having to be infront so early and he will love the hill.

Things could change on Sunday as Hurricane Fly, Jezki, Our Conor and Annie Power are all down to race at Leopardstown in the Ryanair hurdle so hopefully they all turn up.

Willie Mullins not taking all before him today in Ireland, first Felix Yonger beat at Limerick and then Champagne Fever beat after hitting the 2nd last very hard.

They've annihilated a good horse in Sametegal there too. Superb race.

Defy Logic loves this ground. The Arkle looks wide open. CF is definitely going to want further in time.

Back