• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Good win for Sir Billy today. He's such a good horse on soft ground.

Extra furlong didn't trouble him.

Frankels next progeny goes today @ 2.40 Haydock, Majoris.

I'd be very interested in Majoris next time, dropped out of the stalls and didn't have a clue what to do for the majority of the race.

Frankel has his first filly run today at Catterick, Queen Kindly for Fahey. She is out of Lady Of The Desert who was a group 2 winner and finished 2nd in two group ones. Should be quite good with that breeding but priced up like she is @ 4/5.

Frankel has his first filly run today at Catterick, Queen Kindly for Fahey. She is out of Lady Of The Desert who was a group 2 winner and finished 2nd in two group ones. Should be quite good with that breeding but priced up like she is @ 4/5.

Dotted up apparently.

Flat season hasn't taken my interest at all so far. Roll on the Charlie Hall!

Dotted up apparently.

Flat season hasn't taken my interest at all so far. Roll on the Charlie Hall!

She did and looks ready to go to Royal Ascot.

Minding absolutely bolts up in the Oaks too, she's some horse.

Frankel 4 from 5 as a sire as Frankuus wins at Haydock, he looks a bit of a character but he got the job done. I don't think anyone could have imagined that he would start his stud career like this.

Frankel 4 from 5 as a sire as Frankuus wins at Haydock, he looks a bit of a character but he got the job done. I don't think anyone could have imagined that he would start his stud career like this.

I kind of had a feeling he might, so pleased for him and connections. Best flat horse I have ever seen and I've seen a few. Never followed blood lines, but I decided I'd follow Frankel.

I kind of had a feeling he might, so pleased for him and connections. Best flat horse I have ever seen and I've seen a few. Never followed blood lines, but I decided I'd follow Frankel.

I think it's a great way to follow horses and considering flat racing is based all on breeding i think it pays off to follow them a little. Not being that old myself but since following racing i think i've seen 2 of the best racehorses of all time in Sea The Stars and Frankel. Sea The Stars has already sired Oaks and Derby winners and Frankel has started like probably no stallion ever has but it will interesting to see how many of them progress and to what level they reach.

Ptit Zig stays on well to win the French Champion Hurdle. Good performance.

Get on Zig! Delighted to see him land a big one.

One for THM

Newbury 6.10 - BREXIT
Along with at the dogs 8.37 - BREXIT

Must be a treble on there for someone to have a go at.

3 horses I'm interested in today

2.30 Newcastle Mr Lupton

3.50 Windsor Sir Billy Wright

5.20 Curragh Red Verdon

I'm off to Uttoxeter tomorrow, what a great card for a summer meeting. Anyone else going?

JT McNamara has sadly passed away aged 41. He was paralysed after a fall in 2013 at the Cheltenham Festival. Horrible news.

Back