• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Tomorrow's card at Newbury although on heavy ground is exactly the reason why i like the flat as much as the jumps for entirely different reasons. The jumps you see horses run reason in season out and see how they progress but lot of the time on the flat you get to see how well good horses do as sires or as broodmares and you get to see brothers and sisters to very good horses running every season.

For example running tomorrow there is a full sister to Taghrooda (oaks winner) and the first foal of Midday who is 10/1 for the Derby. The last race is the best one for me as 6 of the 7 are related to horses who have RPR's of over 100 and the other one is related to a winner rated over 90. Although it's on heavy ground i think it's definitely a day to watch for horses who could be worth following.

I doubt anyone is really that interested in any of this but there if you are.

Always interested in anyones theories about racing, I've learnt over the years to take everyones views on board. Shame the meeting is off. Anything you think is worth backing this season please pop up on here

Nicholls is an absolute master. Genius.

Gutted Alvarado hasn't won there, running on into second after being there all the way round. Maloney just a little too quiet on him for too long and just a little bit more guyted that he didn't get into the National last week as surely he would have gone close.

That's Moloney's speciality. He holds on to his mount too long to ensure they complete.

Cracking days racing tomorrow, pretty decent flat racing at several meetings (particularly Leicester imo) and then an excellent NH card to end the season at Sandown. The more i look at the Sandown card i keep thinking Ptit Zig is a bet against Vroum Vroum Mag as he's getting 1lb and would usually be giving her 7lb plus his best rating is much better than hers. She might absolutely bolt up but 6/1 is a fair price.

I briefly mentioned a couple of runners on the flat last week and they ran today, Midterm won cozily and is now clear 2nd fav for the Derby and Taqaareed who is a full sister to Taghrooda ran a race full of promise. The last at Sandown today is one to take note of too imo as the form looks rock solid, i think all of the front 6 (Stargazer, Lovell, Harrison, Soldier In Action, Paris In Protocol and Gershwin) could all have more than decent seasons.

The more i look at the Sandown card i keep thinking Ptit Zig is a bet against Vroum Vroum Mag as he's getting 1lb and would usually be giving her 7lb plus his best rating is much better than hers. She might absolutely bolt up but 6/1 is a fair price.

Turned out to be a good bet if you took it. Unfortunately for racing, it wasn't anything to do with the relative merits of the two horses but due to Mullins and Ricci deciding to piss around with punters and racegoers interests.

Turned out to be a good bet if you took it. Unfortunately for racing, it wasn't anything to do with the relative merits of the two horses but due to Mullins and Ricci deciding to piss around with punters and racegoers interests.

They seem to be building up a reputation for doing just that. Well done to Paul Nicholls and his team today.

Lovely seeing Ptit back in front.

Really enjoyed today's racing. The 365 was a real cracker.

Don Cossack has injured a tendon and is out of Punchestown. Hope he's OK.

Well i didn't even think about the fact that Mullins might pull Vroum Vroum out but i did back Ptit Zig and in all fairness i will take the win. I thought 7/4 was a fair price considering the horses that were left in the race.

Don Cossack has injured a tendon and is out of Punchestown. Hope he's OK.

Absolutely gutted and sounds like he might never race again unless they are sure he's as good as he was before Cheltenham. Punchestown now not looking so good with no Don Cossack and no Thistlecrack.

Dougan running in the 3.00 at Newmarket on Sunday. This will be a good test of his ability.

Vautour beaten well yesterday, could make no excuses for it either.

Bad day for Mullins with Yorkhill also losing

Vautour beaten well yesterday, could make no excuses for it either.

Bad day for Mullins with Yorkhill also losing

Crazy decision to run him over 2 miles, last time he did he was beaten as well. He should have run today against Cue Card. He is still on my shortlist for next years Gold Cup.

Sounds like we've seen the last of Don Cossack. Really tough on Gordon losing his best two horses within the space of six weeks.

At least the Don got to show his talent. No better way to bow out than winning the Gold Cup. At least he'll get to enjoy a fine retirement unlike poor No More Heroes.

Dougan looks to have a good chance today if he transfers his AW form to turf then he probably wins.

Really interested in the 1000 Guineas today more so than the 2000 yesterday. Minding a worthy fav but i think there's a few others in there that could be worth watching this year like their second string Ballydoyle, Turret Rocks and Lumiere in particular but either at shorter (Lumiere) or further than a mile for all 3 of them.

Back